The Marikozhundhu | Marjoram is a bushy half-hardy herb that is 1-2 ft long, and it has 2.5 cm long leaves that are a wonderful, very distinctive perfumy fragrance. The flowers are very small and less than 3 mm long that are placed on the 1.3 cm long burlike heads. Due to the numerous health benefits of marjoram, which helps to cure various health problems in Ayurveda.
Common names of Marikozhundhu | Marjoram
Tamil Name : மரிக்கொழுந்து/ Marikozhundhu
English Name : Marjoram
Sanskrit Name : Dhavanam
Hindi Name : मुरवा , सत्र / Murwa, Sathra
Malayalam Name : മാർഗ , ചുറ്റണച്ച്ചു / Marugu, Chutanaccu
Telugu Name : మరువము / Maruvamu
To improve the digestive system’s performance, 2-4 cups of marjoram tea may be ingested in 2 hours. Drinking the tea will help digestion as it does following.
- It increases the digestive enzymes and saliva to increase the efficiency of digestion
- Calming the stomach and digestive system
- Improving appetite
- Relieving nausea
- Eliminating flatulence
- Treating basic intestinal infections
- Soothing painful stomach cramps or spasms
- Relieving diarrhea
- Relieving constipation
- Protection against common illnesses
Marjoram is an effective antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral agent. So it can fight against a variety of common illnesses:
- Food poisoning
- Staph infection
- Tetanous infection in wounds
- Common cold
- Improved cardiovascular health
Other Health Benefits
There are various health benefits such as
- It reduces blood pressure, decreases the risk of heart problems and hypertension.
- It hugely reduces the build of cholesterol and the risk of hardened arteries.
- Reduces the phlegm
- Prevent fungal infections
- Regulates the menstrual cycle
- Relieves the premenstrual syndrome