Tamil Name : தாமரை விதை / Thamarai Vidhai
English Name : Lotus Seeds
Hindi Name : कमल / Kamal
Malayalam Name : താമര / Tamara
Telugu Name : తామర, ఎర్ర-తామర / Tamara, Erra-tamara
The Lotus Seed is the seed of the plant that gets from the lotus flower. The seeds contain the rich contents of protein, B vitamins, and dietary minerals, which can be used in Asian cuisine and traditional medicines.
The seeds are versatile foods, and they can be eaten raw and cooked. The dried lotus seeds are popped like popcorn so you can eat that. There are two types of lotus seeds available, white and brown peel. The dried seeds are sold in the markets, but they are hard and rough, so you should soak that in the water overnight. Due to the health benefits of lotus seeds, it gives various health benefits.
- Lotus seeds are well-known for their nutritional benefits and healing properties. They are usually used in Chinese medications and recipes.
- Lotus seeds contain L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase, a catalyst with anti-aging properties. It helps in curing damaged proteins.
- The seeds contain kaempferol, a flavonoid popular for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is helpful in treating aging gum tissue.
- The astringent properties of these seeds make them useful for kidney treatments. They help to regulate the energy levels of the body.
- Lotus seeds may be used to treat various sexual conditions.
- Lotus seeds are used in Chinese medicine just to relieve the problem of diarrhea.