Tamil Name – உலர் அத்தி பழம் / ular atti
Hindi Name – सूखी अंजीर का फल / sookhee anjeer ka phal
Malayalam Name – ഉണങ്ങിയ അത്തിപ്പഴം / uṇaṅṅiya attippaḻaṁ
Telugu Name – డ్రై ఫిగ్ ఫ్రూట్ / Ḍrai phig phrūṭ
Ficus Carica is a flowering plant species from the Asian region from the Common fig-mulberry family. It is been cultivated from ancient times from its native middle east and western Asia. Now, it is well-known species all around the world for its fruit and ornamental plant. These species have become established in locations of Asia and North America.
There is a saying that when we take a powder of its fruits and paste vidari kand with milk then we can turn young. The ripe fruits are expectorant, improves the interest in food, cold, and burning sensation.
Its milk has binding nature and it is cooling. It can improve physical strength and cure odema.
Dry Fig Fruits Nutrition Value (Per 40 grams)
- Calories – 30
- Protein – 0 gm
- Fat – 0 gm
- Carbs – 8 gm
- Magnesium – 2%
- Potassium – 2%
- Riboflavin – 2%
- Thiamine – 2%
- Fiber – 1 gm
- Copper – 3%
- Vitamin B6 – 3%
- Vitamin K – 2%
- It can treat stomach pain very well.
- It gives the fruits of country fig to eat.
- It gives milk with gular fruits with meals.
- It can improve the growth of the fetus and prevent abortion.
- Make squash of its fruits and give this to the patient regularly, especially in summers.
- It treats bronchitis and bronchial asthma.
- Fine powder of dried peel of its fruits mixed with an equal amount of sugar.
- Take 6-6 gm of this powder with cow’s milk twice a day to treat yellow urination.