English Name – Dried Papaya
Tamil Name – உலர்ந்த பப்பாளி – Ularnta pappāḷi
Hindi Name – सूखा पपीता – sookha papeeta
Kannada Name – ಒಣಗಿದ ಪಪ್ಪಾಯಿ – Oṇagida pappāyi
Telugu Name – ఎండిన బొప్పాయి – Eṇḍina boppāyi
Malayalam Name – ഉണങ്ങിയ പപ്പായ – uṇaṅṅiya pappāya
The dried papaya offers a high level of vitamin C, Vitamin A, pectin, soluble fiber, B vitamins, zinc, copper, magnesium, calcium, and iron. The 50 gm of dried papaya gives 125 calories, 30 gm of carbohydrates, and 2 gm of protein.
The papaya is a plant or tree and it grew 16 to 33 ft tall. In 70% papaya is mostly grown in Brazil and India and two types of papaya grown in the world. One is orange and red flesh papaya which gives sweet and another one is yellow flesh.
Papaya fruit has vitamin C and papaya fruit offers calories. The calories give energy and remove heat in your body. If you eat more papaya it will increase your body weight. Unsweetened dried papaya gives 20 calories.
Steps to make Drying Papaya
- First, wash the papaya in water and remove the papaya skin using the knife
- Cut the papaya in half and remove the papaya seeds
- Slice the papaya in ¼ inch thick parts
Health Benefits of Dried Papaya
- Papaya has low calories which aid to reduce your weight
- It also reduces various infections and increases your immunity
- Papaya is better healthy food for diabetics patient
- Dried papaya has vitamin A which helps to improve your vision
- Papaya helps to protect against arthritis
- It also increases your digestion
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Helps to decrease stress and prevents cancer