|Tamil Name||: அரச பட்டை / Arasam Pattai|
|English Name||: Sacred Fig|
|Hindi Name||: अस्वत्थ छाल / Aswattha Chhaal|
|Malayalam Name||: അരയാൽ കുര / Arayal / Pippalam kura|
|Telugu Name||: పిప్పలము ఆకు బెరడు / Pippalamu beradu|
Peepal is a sacred tree in India. It holds many medicinal values and is used to treat many diseases and ailments ranging from a snake bite to asthma, skin diseases, kidney diseases, constipation, dysentery, impotence, and various blood-related problems.
This semi-evergreen tree grows up to 30 meters (98 ft) tall and with a trunk diameter of up to 3 meters. The Fig tree bark looks flat or curved, varying from 1.0-2.5 cm or more in thickness. According to Ayurveda, every part of the peepal tree has medicinal benefits. The leaves contain glucose, phenolic, asteroid, and Mennos, while its bark is in tannins, Phaetosteroline, and Vitamin K.
Benefits of Sacred Fig Bark
- The Fig tree bark has multiple values, by just sprinkling the bark on bleeding can arrest it completely.
- The Peepal tree bark is helpful in breast abscesses. Also, applying it over the chest part helps to reduce hiccups.
- If you have a week tooth, use a Sacred Fig bark/Arasam pattai brush with fresh twigs to attain healthy gums and teeth.
- Prepare the leaf or bark paste and consume it regularly to relieve diarrhea.
- Peepal leaves help cure itching and other skin diseases.
- The decoction of peepal tree bark is useful when menstruation is difficult.
- A fine powder of peepal bark can relieve you from fistula and mouth sore.
- Peepal tree leaves are highly beneficial when it comes to stomach ailments. Adding Peepal plant to your daily diet will cure constipation problem permanently.
⇒ For treating asthma-related problems
- Take the bark of the fig tree and grind it as a powder.
- Mix this powder with ample water or honey, or milk, then consume this mixture thrice a day to effectively treat asthma.
- Make a powder of peepal tree fruits and take it with 2-3 gms of water for 14 days twice a day. By doing this routinely will work effectively.
⇒ For Blood purification
Take one or two grams of fig bark powder and mix it with honey to consume it; this is acts as the best blood purification. Consume it twice a day for better results. For gastric-related problems, take 40-gram bark powder and five ml of honey for the best results.
⇒ For Eye Pain
Applying the milk of the Peepal tree leaves on your eyes helps in relieving eye pain.
How to Consume Sacred Fig Bark (Arasam Pattai) Internally
Take a spoon full of Sacred fig bark/Arasam pattai and grind it as a fine powder, then mix with 100 ml water. Boil the mixture for a few minutes. As soon as the water gets warm, filter the content, and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.