Botanical Name : Vigna unguiculata
Tamil Name : காராமணி பயிர் – Karamani Payir / Thatta Payir
Hindi Name : बोर – Bora
Malayalam Name : വണ്ണപായർ – vaṇṇapāyar
Telugu Name : అలసందులు – Alasandulu
Red cowpea is the most popular crop in the regions across Asia and Africa. It is one of the oldest crops domesticated on both continents. There are three species of cowpeas cultivated in the world. Each of them differs in size, shape, and structure. It is mainly grown for its seeds as it contains high protein content.
Red cowpea seeds are small and kidney-shaped present inside the seed pods. Each pod contains 6 to 13 seeds. The seeds are usually cooked to make stews and curries. The whole plant is used as a forage for animals whereas the seeds are eaten by human beings.
Thattai Payir is a Black-eyed Bean or China Bean which is a fairly “soft” bean. Here you need not want to soak the bean in water for hours, it cooks effortlessly. Watch suspiciously when cooking as it should not get mashed. It has high cleanness, outstanding taste, and high dietary value. This bean is very helpful and tones the spleen, stomach, and pancreas. It induces urination and avoids damp conditions like leucorrhea.
100g of cooked peas provide;
- 128 calories,
- 0g fat,
- 7.5g protein,
- 25g carbohydrates,
- 7.3f of dietary fiber,
- 8 mg sodium, folate, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, manganese, and zinc.
- Intake of the red cowpeas daily maintains your body’s metabolism. Because red cowpeas are rich in Potassium, copper, various antioxidants, and folate which boosts the metabolic rate and leads to a healthy life.
- Cowpeas are included with threonine which may assist the immune system by promoting the antibodies production. It acts as the main source for maintaining healthy and strong connective muscles and tissues.
- Due to the presence of calcium and phosphorus the strength and structure of bones can be maintained properly. Manganese is the main source for the formation of bones just by regulating the enzymes and hormones which is involved in the process of bone metabolism.
- Cowpeas contains isoleucine which helps to fix the tissue in the muscles and thus stops the clotting. The presence of amino acids enhances energy.
- The cowpeas are completely packed with dietary fibers that promote and soften the stool. It relieves constipation with the easy flow of bulky stool.
- It also regulates the blood sugar level and the cholesterol level in the body.
- Treats Pancreatic and stomach problems
- Cures Bowel related ailments and regulates urination
- Keeps your skin healthy and also boost up the growth of your hair
There are no side effects in using this product. Seek medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.