Nel Pori is a cereal usually made by heating rice kernels under high pressure in the presence of steam, to form puffed grains. There are some other methods also available. Nel Pori is used in different breakfast cereals as well as snacks. It is the base and key ingredient for various street foods all over India, especially the popular chaat item in India called Bhel Puri. It can be combined innovatively with unique combinations of vegetables, fruits, savories, dry fruits, and sauces, to make healthy snacks.
Vernacular Names of Puffed Rice
|English Name||: Puffed Rice|
|Tamil Name||: பொரி – Pori|
|Hindi Name||: मुरमुरे – muramure|
|Malayalam Name||: വറുത്തത് – Varuttat|
|Telugu Name||: ఉబ్బిన బియ్యం – Ubbina Biyyaṁ|
Health Benefits of Nel Pori
- Nel Pori is light and dry, ideal for obese people, as it has low calories and gives a feeling of fullness.
- It is high in iron yet easy to digest.
- Puffed rice is also a good snack for those sensitive to wheat and gluten.
- It prevents constipation and the presence of beneficial bacteria in Neil pori helps in warding off constipation problems. If you’re a junk food lover then the stomach ends up bloated and constipated to avoid such situations consume Nel Pori.
- This puffed rice keeps the blood pressure under control and thus reduces the chance of suffering from serious health problems, such as heart attack and stroke. You can also consume murmura or puffed rice to maintain your blood pressure.
Recipes Made by Puffed Rice
There are no side effects in using this product.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
Grains of Rice are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and then heated without using any chemical to get Nel Pori.