|Botanical Name||: Linum usitatissimum|
|English Names||: Linseed, Flaxseed, Flax|
|Tamil Name||: Ali Vidai – ஆளிவிதை|
|Malayalam Name||: ചണവിത്ത് – caṇavitt|
|Telugu Name||: Avise Ginzalu|
|Hindi Name||: सन का बीज – san ka beej|
|Kannada Name||: Agase|
|Marathi Name||: Jawas, Alashi|
|Bengali Name||: Tishi, Pesi|
Flax is also called as Common Flax or Linseed. It is from the Linaceae family as a member of the genus Linum. It is cultivated as food and fiber in cooler regions around the world. In western countries, the textile made from this flax is known as linen which is basically used to make bed sheets, underclothes, and table linen. The oil extracted from the flax is called linseed oil. The word “flax” usually refers to their unspun fibers.
1. Cholesterol free, so they good for the heart.
2. Good source of fiber, better for digestion, prevent constipation, and used in suppressing hunger.
3. Other nutrients it has are protein, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid), lignin, and mucilage.
4. If you regularly taking flax seeds then it will help you to have good skin. It prevents cancer and facilitates weight-loss.
5. Flax seeds work great for women’s health. The lignans in flax help in the fight against high levels of estrogen and help to maintain balanced hormonal levels.
6. According to Dr. Gargi Sharma who is a Delhi-based weight-management expert and nutritionist, “Flax seeds are helpful in reducing menopausal symptoms, such as flushing and night sweats.
Flax seeds can also helpful for women in their irregular periods and for those with extreme symptoms of PMS – for example, headache, anxiety, mood swings, etc.
It also helps in controlling heavy bleeding during menstruation and also reduce the risk of breast cancer and improve uterine function.”
7. Hair fall in women is often associated with their hormonal imbalance and stress. Flax seeds are great for promoting healthy hair.
8. They also reduce hypertension.
9. They are low in LDL (lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal products.