Botanical Name: Smilax Ehineusis Linn
English Name: China Root
Tamil Name: பரங்கி பட்டை – Parangi Pattai
Malayalam Name: ചിനപ്പാവ്/ സിനപ്പാവ് /പയറു/പാവ് – Chinapaivu, Cinappavu, Pairu, Pavu
Telugu Name: గాలి చక్క / గాలి-చెక్క / పాఱంగిసెక్క / ఫిరంగి చక్క / ఫిరంగి-చెక్క – Gaali Chakka/ Gali-chekka/ Parangicekka/ Pirangi Chakka/ Pirangi-chekka
Hindi Name: चोबचीनी / कोब्सिनि – Chobchini/ Cobcini
Parangi pattai is also known as china root, it is a shrub type plant. This root is thickest in the hills and mountains. It is also grown thickest in the forest area. It grows in the hillsides, shaded places, grassy slopes along streams or valleys from the sea level to 2000 meters. When the seedlings of the china root are evenly germinated then prick them out into the individual pots. When the growth of the plant is enough to handle then grow the plant in the greenhouse for at least one year. Normally, this plant is grown in the pots for two years and plant them in a permanent position in early summer. Division in early spring as new growth begins. Larger divisions can be planted out direct into their permanent positions.
Parangi Pattai Health Benefits:
- It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- It is also used for gout and enteritis.
- China root is a good remedy for urinary tract infections.
- It is also used for skin ulcers.
- It helps to reduce the blood sugar level of diabetic patients.
- Parangi chakkai is helping to heal skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis.
There are no reviews yet.