The native of this Greater Galangal root is southern Asia, it is the family of ginger and turmeric. It is widely used in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicines. The height of this Great Galangal plant is up to 5 ft. The leaves are being long, rather narrow blades.
The flowers are in curious formation, it is growing in a simple terminal spike, the petal white with the deep-red veining that distinguishing the lip-petal. the ranched pieces of the rhizome of this plant are from 3.5-7.5 cm in length and seldom more than 2 cm thick.
Family : Zingiberaceae
Botanical Name : Alpinia galanga
English Name : Greater Galangal
Tamil Name : பேரரத்தை – Perarathai
Malayalam Name : ചിറ്റരത്ത – Chittaratha
Telugu Name : దుంపరాష్ట్రకము – dumparaashtrakamu
Hindi Name : कुलंजन – Bara kulanjan
Nutritions in Greater Galangal Root
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Greater Galangal Root Health Benefits
- Elevate Blood Circulation: The galangal root helps to improve the blood supply to the heart and the circulator system. It also acts as the natural pain relief agent to the heart. This galangal root helps to prevent heart problems.
- Relieving inflammation: The galangal root helps to avoid the discomfort caused by the inflammation in the stomach. It is also used to treat curbing motion sickness.
- Removing toxins: The galangal root has the anti-oxidants property so that it can help fight free radicals and helps to remove the unwanted toxins in the body. Due to the anti-oxidant property, this galangal root is to protects the skin from aging.
- Improving skin conditions: The extract of the galangal root can directly apply to the skin to treat redness or inflammations. It can also be used to heal burnt skin and reduce acne. Due to the anti-microbial property of this herb, it will kill the bacteria that cause acne formation.
- Improve Hair conditions: This herb is widely used to treat hair and scalp. It is used to improve the blood circulation on the scalp, which helps to promote hair growth. The antiseptic property of this herb is helping to get rid of dandruff or dry scalp.
- This perarathai is an effective herb used to treat cough and asthma.
- It is used to treat digestive system-related problems.
- It is also used to treat winter season-related problems.
- It is very beneficial to treat bad breath.
- It is also used to treat toothaches.
- The powder of this perarathai is used to treat excessive sweating.
- It can cures Fever
- It restricts the power of poisons
- It treats dysmenorrhea
- It alleviates body pain
- It effectively treats ulcers in head
- It cures diseases associated with vatham humour
- It treats sinusitis
- It inhibits delirium
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested without the chemical interactions that assure natural herb products.