Botanical Name : Sphaeranthus Indicus
English Name : Indian Sphaeranthus
Tamil Name : கொட்டைக்கரந்தை / Kottai karantai
Hindi Name : मुण्डी / Mundi
Malayalam Name : അടയ്ക്കമണിയന് / Adaykamanian
Telugu Name : బోడతరము / శ్రావణి / Sravani / boda-taramu
Sphaeranthus is a plant that normally grows up to a height of 2- feet and is mostly found in the paddy fields and in places of moist soil all over India. The leaves are covered with tiny hairs. The flower bunch resembles that of Neolamarckia cadamba and blooms in the winter season.
Benefits of Indian Sphaeranthus Powder/Gorakhmundi Powder
- It cures a headache including cases of a migraine.
- Aids in skin diseases and swelling.
- Treats chronic cough and asthma, this powder can be consumed internally to get relief.
- It treats general debility and epilepsy.
- It is used for indigestion, diarrhea, vomiting, Piles, intestinal worms, and enlargement of the liver.
How to use Gorakhmundi Powder
Take 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, and heat the powder mix for a few minutes. As soon as the water gets warm, filter the content, and drink it before food. Repeat the same for the Evening Dosage after dinner.
- Prepare a kottai karanthi paste and apply it over the affected area with swelling.
- The paste of the whole planer is applied externally for skin diseases and herpes.
- The paste of the plant is applied over the area affected by elephantiasis.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.
There are no reviews yet.