Alternanthera sessilis is one of the three sources of the ayurvedic drug lonika. The herb Alternanthera sessilis has great coolant properties. The young shoots are nutritious and contain carotenoids, triterpene, saponins, and flavonoids. Sessile Joyweed is also an essential part of several compounds of ayurvedic medicine preparations.
Sessilis can be attributed to the presence of triterpenoids, phytosterols, and glycosides. Alternanthera sessilis also used for treating inflammation, as it shows anti-inflammatory activity. It is seen as one of those drugs which cure chronic diseases and rejuvenates the body.
Vernacular Names of Sessile Joyweed
Botanical Name : Alternanthera Sessilis
English Name : Dwarf Copper Leaf
Tamil Name : பொன்னாங்கண்ணி / Ponnanganni Keerai Powder
Hindi Name : गरूण्डी / Garundi
Malayalam Name : പൊന്നാങ്കണ്ണിക്കിറ / Ponnankannikkira, Kozuppa
Telugu Name : పొన్నగంటి కూర / Ponnaganti Koora
Health Benefits of Sessile Joyweed Leaf Powder
- Dwarf Copper Leaf has enormous health benefits for the eyes, hair, and skin. It is also used as a home remedy for piles.
- It has important health properties like anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-ulcerative properties. It also has the ability to neutralize excess acidity in the body.
- It heals skin conditions like scabies and eczema. It also improves skin tone and texture. It is helpful in treating wounds, cough, and diabetes.
- The plant is used everywhere in Asia and Africa to cure a variety of disorders, including gastrointestinal problems, such as flatulence, nausea and vomiting, headaches, bronchitis, asthma, vertigo, and even hepatitis.
- Each part of the Alternanthera Sessilis plant has different health benefits for different diseases. The roots are a remedy for stomach problems, tea made from leaves are treat hypertension and itchy skin.
- The leaf sap is snorted up the nose as a treatment for nerve pain. The leaves include dietary fiber and eating about 75 g of this vegetable daily will significantly lower the postprandial blood glucose level.
- The extract of this herbal root naturally cures some serious eye problems such as blurred vision, cataracts, watery eyes, eye irritation, and myopia.
- This herb is recommended in folk medicine for hunger, body heat, liver disease, leukemia, and joint pain. Alternanthera sessilis is also considered as an antidote to chronic liver congestion and gonorrhea.
- Improving your energy level greatly and improve milk secretion in a breastfeeding mothers.
- The Ponnanganni spinach paste is used externally on body sticks and spines.
- Eliminate the effects of poison caused by a snake bite.
How to Use Dwarf Copper Leaf powder
Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water and boil the content for a few minutes. Once the water gets warm, filter the content, and drink it before food. Drink it twice a day.
- Applying fresh Ponnanganni leaves paste over the eyelids will cure inflammation in the sebaceous glands of the eyelids. It also cures conjunctivitis.
- The paste prepared from the leaves is applied over the affected areas to get relief from the body stings and spines.
- Applying Powdered ponnanganni leaves can be applied to remove the effect of poison due to snakebites.
- The oil prepared from the leaves can be massaged on the scalp, wait for about 15 minutes, and then washed with a mild shampoo. This reduces the body heat and keeps the eyes cool. which stimulates hair growth.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.