Botanical Name: Adathoda Vasica
English Name: Malabar Nut Powder
Tamil Name: ஆடா தோடை இலை பொடி / Aada Thodai Ilai Podi
Hindi Name: अदोस/ आरुष/ रस/ बांस / Adosa/ Arusha/ Rus/ Bansa
Sanskrit Name: Vasaka
Kannada Name: Adusoge
Malayalam Name: ആടലോടകം / അടരൂഷക / Adalodakam / Adarooshaka
Telugu Name: టంకాబు / టంపాక / అడ్డసరం / Adamkabu/ Adampaka/ Addasaram
The Aadathodai is a small evergreen bush in which the leaves can grow up to 10 to 16 cm in length. The leaves have a dull brownish color and give a bitter taste when it dries. The flowers are white, dense, and have axillary spikes. This plant produces fruits with small club-shaped capsules that are 4-sealed small capsules.
It has been cultivated in India for over 200 years. The plant is used extensively in the treatment of asthma, breathlessness, cough, bronchitis, tuberculosis, joint pain, lumbar pain, sprains, eczema, malaria, rheumatism, swellings, as an antihyperglycemic, antidiarrhoeal, and anticonvulsant.
Health Benefits of Malabar Nut Powder
- Aadathodai ilai plays a key role in curing Bronchitis, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- You can use this in the early stages of leprosy to get complete recovery.
- Works great for cleansing the blood from impurities.
- It performs well in assisting heart troubles.
- Cures Fever, vomiting, sore eyes, gonorrhea, and loss of memory.
- Helps in the early stages of leucoderma and jaundice.
- It can treat all types of skin diseases.
- It contains anti-ulcer properties that help to treat ulcer problems.
- Tumors and diseases of the mouth.
- It is a wonderful alternative for Dysuria or painful and difficult urination.
How to consume
Just take a fine powder of vasaka and mix5 gms of powder in 100 ml of boiling water. Once the mix is ready consume it before food. Repeat this for 2-3 months and see the difference.
Consuming a limited amount is safe and does not cause any side effects. But if it exceeds to high dosage, then it may lead to vomiting and diarrhea. Also, avoid this during Pregnancy and Breast Feeding
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.