Botanical Name: Paspalum scrobiculatum
Tamil Name: வரகு அரிசி – Varagu Arisi
Hindi Name: करी चावल – karee chaaval
Malayalam Name: കറി അരി – kaṟi ari
Telugu Name: కరివేపాకు – Karivēpāku
About Kodo Millet Rice:
Paspalum Scrobiculatum, Kodo millet, it has other names such as in Telugu Arikelu, in Tamil Varagu, in Kannada Arka, in Hindi Kodra.
It is grown principally in India, but also available in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and in West Africa where it originates.
In most of the areas, it is raised as a minor crop except the Deccan plateau in India. Because here it is grown as a major food source.
Kodo millet has a high ability to give nourishing food to subsistence farmers in Africa and elsewhere.
- Varagu rice is gluten-free and stuffed with vitamins and minerals.
- Have high Nutrition and fiber which is good for children.
- Varagu rice hydrates your colon to keep your body regular and keep you away from being constipated.
- Easy Digestion.
- High in photochemical, phytic acid, which reduces cholesterol, and phytate, and that aids in the lowering of cancer risks.
- High antioxidant activity. Varagu Rice helps in control and maintain normal Blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.
- The great energy source for all people particularly for athletes. Complete protein source when combined with legumes – ideal for a vegetarian diet.
- Varagu rice consumption reduces Triglycerides and C-Reactive Protein.
- It controls blood sugar and cholesterol and contains a good amount of lecithin and is excellent for strengthening the nervous system.
- Kodo Millet has a high amount of photo chemicals and phytate which helps in the reduction of cancer risks.
- Kodo millets are good for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases, like high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- It is an excellent source for diabetics and contains no gluten.
- It aids in weight loss and beneficial for postmenopausal women.
There are no reviews yet.