English Name: Kutki
Malayalam Name: കടുകുരോഹിണി – Kadugurohin
Tamil Name: கடுகுரோகிணி – Kadugurohini
Hindu Name: कुटुका – kutuka
Telugu Name: Katuka Rohini
Bengali Name: Katuki, Katki
Punjabi Name: Kaundd, Kaud
Marathi Name: Bala Kadu, Kali Katuki
Gujarati Name: Kadu
Farsi and Arab Name: Kharabake
Kadugurohini is a small, hairy, perennial herb with a large woody rootstock. This herbal plant has the spoon-shaped leaves, the length of the leaves are 5-15 cm, it almost all at the base.
The leaves are long, with the serrated edges. The leaves are coarsely toothed, narrowed to the winged stalk. The Rhizomes of the plant is woody and the length is 15 to 25 cm.
The flowers of this plant are small, and it is pale or purplish-blue color, the borne in cylindric spikes. The spikes borne is almost on the leafless erect stems.
The flowers are about 8 mm and 5-lobed in the middle with many long stamens. The katuki is a Sanskrit word that implies bitterness.
It is a good herbal plant that widely used in Ayurvedic treatment. It belongs to the Plantaginaceae family. This herbal plant can widely found in the Himalayan mountains.
Kadugurohini Health Benefits:
- Kadugurohini is a very useful herb for digestive problems. It helps to strengthen the stomach, secretes gastric juices, and improves the appetite. This herbal plant is also used to treat constipation.
- Kadugurohini is used to treat liver injuries induced by various drug and non-alcoholic fatty liver disorders.
- It also helps to control inflammatory reactions.
- The water extract of this plant helps to reduce enzyme levels such as aspartate transferase, alanine transferase, triglycerides, lipoproteins, and cholesterol levels.
- It is traditionally used to treat disorders of the upper respiratory tract, this plant is widely used in the herbal treatment for bronchial asthma.
- It is used to treat kidney stones.
- This is good medicine for vomiting and stroke.
- This medicine by the herb is extensively improved eyesight.
- It is also used to treat neurological disease and jaundice.
- Kadugurohini is worked as an antiseptic and helps to clean the internal organs.
Uses of Kadugurohini:
- Kadugurohini is highly used in the dominant diabetic level naturally.
- Kadugurohini is highly acting as the liver healing agent.
- Kutki root is a gentle laxative in nature, it is used to correct the internal organ movements.
- It is a natural blood formulation.
- It is used to maintain body temperature.
- It is used to support a healthy system.
- Helps within the expulsion of poisons from the body within the variety of piss.
Major Formulation with Kadugurohini:
Kadugurohini is used as a constituent with
- Phala ghrita
- Vachadi taila
- Sudarshana churna
- Arogya vardhini gutika
- Katukarohinyadi kashayam