Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Curcuma aromatica|
|Common Name||: Turmeric|
|Tamil Name||: குண்டு மஞ்சள் / Gundu Manjal|
|Ayurveda Name||: Haridra|
|Kannada Name||: ಅರಿಶಿನ – Arisina|
|Hindi Name||: हल्दी – Haldi|
|Marathi Name||: हळद – Halada|
|Telugu Name||: పసుపు – Pasupu|
|Malayalam Name||: മഞ്ഞൾ – mannal|
Turmeric is a rhizomatous herb, the native of this herbal plant is tropical Southern Asia. It is an essential spice in India, which produces nearly the whole world’s crop and uses 80% of it. The height of this plant is up to 3-5 ft.
This plant has the oblong, pointed leaves, and the bear’s funnel-shaped yellow flower. It bis peeping out of large bracts. It is cultivated extensively in Asia, India, China, and other countries with a tropical climate.
Usually, there are five varieties of turmeric that are more familiar in India, there are Kasturi Manjal, Curry Manjal, Gundu Manjal, Kari Manjal, Mara Manjal.
The Gundu Manjal is mostly used in rituals and ceremonies. It is considered sacred so that people keep it in their homes for worship because of its divine energy.
This Gundu Manjal represents the purity of the mind, a healthy body, and the fertility of the soil. The smell of this Manjal is very clean and hygienic; it also has many antibacterial properties, in which it is used to treat many skin problems.
Turmeric Health Benefits
There are some Health Benefits of Turmeric mentioned below:
- Turmeric has anti-flatulent, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and carminative properties.
- It has a good level of potassium, it helps to control the heart rate and blood pressure level.
- It is good medicine for memory disorders.
- The iron of this turmeric is an important co-factor for the cytochrome oxidase enzymes at the cellular level metabolisms and also it is required for red blood cell productions.
- It is also protected from coronary artery diseases and stroke risk.
Turmeric will not cause any side effects, but if you use blood thinners then consult your doctor before trying turmeric powder.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All the herbs in Moolihai are naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without any chemical interactions. So we assure you that the herbal powders are also 100% natural.