Tamil Name : வெள்ளை குண்டு மணி / Gundumani, Kundumani
Hindi Name : वेल्लई कुंडुमनी / vellee kundumanee
Malayalam Name : വെല്ലായ് കുണ്ടുമാനി / vellāy kuṇṭumāni
Telugu Name : వెల్లై కుండుమణి / Vellai kuṇḍumaṇi
Abrus precatorius, commonly known as Crab’s eye or cock’s eyes. It is widely grown in India and has been used in Siddha medicine for centuries. This is a perennial climber that twines around trees, shrubs, and hedges. It bears long, pinnate-leafleted leaves. It is well known for its seeds which are highly toxic because of the presence of abrin, it can be consumed even by children. Even a single seed can give you numerous benefits.
There are many different varieties of seeds available but among them, the white is most familiar to everyone around the world. In the olden days, most of the Siddha medicines have been prepared using Ratti seed powder. An intake of powder mix will provide a lot of nutritional values.
- Ratti seeds act as an aphrodisiac and are used in enhancing fertility and improves sexual activity.
- Tea made from the leaves is used for curing coughs, cold, and fever.
- This plant has great benefits as it can be used for promoting hair growth.
- It is used after mitigation.
- Boil those seeds in milk and then dry them. This removes its toxicity and helps in purifying the blood.
- The White Ratti seeds are used in the preparation of essential oil.
- It is sometimes used as the main ingredient in Indian hair products.
- The seeds are also used as beads and in percussion instruments.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
There are no reviews yet.