Abutilon Indicum is a small shrub-type herb, it is also known as Indian Mallow. The native of this herb is a tropical and subtropical region and sometimes it is cultivated as an ornamental. It groms in the hot temperature region of India. This perennial shrub is softly tomatoes and the height of this plant is up to 3 m. This herb is widely found in Sri Lanka, India, and the tropical regions of Malaysia and America.
Indian Mallow Leaves is also found as a weed in the sub-Himalayan tracts, up to the 1200 m height of the mountain, and the hottest part of India. The leaves of this herb are toothed. It has solitary flowers, which are yellow and the blooming time of this flower is evening. The seed color of this herb is dark brown or black. This plant has medicinal properties so that it is widely used in Ayurvedic treatment.
Common Names of Indian Mallow
|English Name||: Tuti, Indian Mallow Leaves|
|Tamil Name||: துத்தி – Thuthi ilai|
|Telugu Name||: తుట్టురా బెండ – Tuttura Benda|
|Malayalam Name||: വെല്ലുരമ് – Velluram|
|Kannada Name||: ತುಥ್ಥಿ ಗಿಡ – TuThThi gida|
|Hindi Name||: कंघी – Kanghi|
|Odia Name||: ପେଡ଼ି ପେଡ଼ିକା – Pedi Pedika|
|Sanskrit Name||: अतिबला – Atibalaa|
Benefits of Indian Mallow Leave
Some of the Health Benefits of Abutilon Indicum is mentioned in below:
- Abutilon Indicum is an excellent anti-inflammatory painkiller as it contains gallic acid which acts as a wonderful diuretic.
- Abutilon Indicum is used as a very effective remedy for piles and bleeding piles, fistula.
- Ayurveda considers it to be an excellent blood purifier as it has the ability to remove impurities, toxins, and germs present in it.
- The decoction made from the root of the Indian Mallow plant is an excellent treatment for stroke and kidney failure.
- Also, the decoction extracted from the root acts as a good tonic to strengthen the nerves.
- Indian Mallow is used externally to heal wounds, cuts, and ulcers.
- Also, this medicinal herb is used to treat inflammation caused by falls in children.
- These help to reduce inflammation in the lymph nodes and keep the area healthy.
- The hot leaf mixture should be placed on any swollen area of the body. You will get good benefits from this.
How to Consume Abutilon Indicum Leaves Internally
Mix about 5 g of Indian Mallow leaves powder in about 100 ml water and boil for a few minutes. Once the contents are heated, filter it and drink it before breakfast. Do the same recipe on the mountain and drink distilled water after dinner.
Side Effects of Thuthi Leaf
There are no side effects of using the thuthi in recommended level. But overconsumption of thuthi will cause some severe side effects like heart attacks, high blood pressure, seizures, muscles disorders, irregular heartbeat, strokes, loss of consciousness, and sometimes death. Using this herb without consulting with your medical advice is also cause restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, irritability, nausea, lack of appetite, vomiting, headache, tingling, flushing, and difficulty urinating. These side effects might increase in the case of using thuthi with the source of caffeine like tea, coffee, guarana, kola nut, and mate. You have to consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.