No products in the cart.
Swallow Wort Powder / Vellarugu Podi – 100g
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Tamil Name : வெள்ளறுகு / Vellarugu
India's Largest Ayurvedic Store
We have 1000s of ayurvedic and siddha products for sale. We cater to over 100,000 customers every month.
Fast Shipping- [ALERT]- Covid-19 Delay
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days. *Due to Covid-`19, shipping may be delayed. We will get in touch with you if there is a delay in shipping. We ship around the world using India post, DHL, Fedex.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
Botanical Name : Adenema Hissopifolia
Tamil Name : வெள்ளறுகு / Vellarugu
English Name : Swallow Wort / Indian Whitehead
Malayalam Name : ചുവന്നൊരിക്ക / Chuvannaerikk
Hindi Name : अकवन / मदार या आक / अर्क / Akwan/ Madar Or Aak/ Arka
Telugu Name : జిల్లేది పువ్వు / జిల్లేడు / నల్లజిల్లేడు / Jilledi Puvvu/jilledu/ Nallajilledu
Vellarugu is a swallow-wort plant. These are small tree-like shrubs, often found in dry and barren lands and along roadways. Swallow Wort is a perennial shrub with numerous branches. They can grow to about 4 feet to 12 feet in height and their stems are very soft. The plant has a unique aroma that makes it attractive to others.
The fruits are 2 inches to 3 inches long and 1 inch to 2 inches wide. The fruits of white berries do not have a definite shape like the fruits of other trees. They can be curved, rounded, oval, or elliptical. Although this shrub is easily found everywhere, people do not understand the value of it because they do not have a clear understanding of its medicinal properties and therefore do not use it extensively.
Health Benefits of Vellarugu
- Vellarugu is used to cure cataract naturally due to aging or any other spontaneous activity.
- The leaves of the Vellarugu plant are also rapidly treating common diseases such as cough, colds, and flu.
- In addition, they treat serious illnesses like cholera and help to heal completely.
- Vellarugu leaves have been used since ancient times to treat jaundice and urinary disorders.
- They are used in Ayurveda to cure respiratory problems such as shortness of breath, asthma.
- Vellarugu leaves are used externally to treat eye problems, skin rashes, and wounds.
- They are the best solution to all the head and hair problems, such as hair loss, lice problems, dandruff, headaches, and migraines.
How to Use
Mix about 5 g of Vellarugu Powder in about 100 ml of water and boil it for a few minutes. Once the water is heated, the contents should be filtered and taken separately. Drink this water before breakfast and after dinner.
- For Eczema: 2 g of Vellarugu root powder and 2 tbsp of yogurt should be thoroughly mixed. If the mixture is constantly applied in the area of itching, it can relieve the skin rash in a few days.
- For Migraines: Take 10 grams of dried Vellarugu root powder, 500 mg camphor, 7 cardamom powder, and peppermint into a mixture. It should be applied on the forehead to cure migraine and headache.
- For Wounds: Apply Vellarugu root powder on a thin cotton cloth to cover the wounds or swelling. If you perform this procedure 2 or 3 times a day, you will be able to heal any infection in very few days.
- For Eye Problems: Soak the Vellarugu root powder in 20 g rose-water for 5 minutes and then drain the solution. Two drops of this solution should be placed on the eyes. Doing it twice a day can cure all eye disorders.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.