Gymnema Sylvestre, a herb from tropical forests of southern and central India and Sri Lanka. Their common names are Gymnema, Cowplant, Australian Cowplant, and Periploca of the woods. The one common name of this species is Miracle Fruit, a name shared by two other species: Synsepalum dulcificum and Thaumatococcus daniellii.
The Gymnema plant includes some compounds like acidic glycosides and anthraquinones. The primary bioactive constituent of Gymnema is Gymnema acid that is found in the roots and leaves. The Gymnema acids are sweet inhibitors. By chewing the Gymnema leaves, you can reduce the sugar taste or sweetness in your mouth. The Numerous Health Benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre will help to cure various health problems.
Vernacular Names of Gymnema Sylvestre
|Botanical Name||: Gymnema Sylvestre|
|English Name||: Cowplant|
|Tamil Name||: சிறுகுறிஞ்சான் / Sirukurinjan|
|Malayalam Name||: ചക്കരക്കൊല്ലി / Shiru Kuranja|
|Telugu Name||: పొడపత్రి / Podapatr|
|Hindi Name||: गुरमर / Gurmar|
Health Benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre Leaves
- Gymnema Sylvestre leaves reduces glucose absorption in the blood and thus delays the process of converting sugar to fat.
- It has a sweet taste which reduces the desire to eat.
- It helps to maintain the body with a healthy fluid level.
- Gymnema works as a cleanser for the bowels.
- Gymnema purifies the blood and improves the level of hemoglobin.
- Gurmar works great in the digestive system by regulating the appetite.
- Gymnema helps to check the absorption of carbohydrates.
- It is the best natural remedy for snake bites.
- Gymnema Sylvestre leaves also heal Gastrointestinal disorders like Constipation and Gas trouble when given as powder or infusion.
- Gymnema powder helps to cure Cough, Rhinitis, and Asthma.
How to Use Gumar Leaves
- 2 to 4 grams of its dried leaf powder is consumed a day for 5 to 6 months to treat Diabetes Mellitus. Intaking this medicine in a high dose may help to regenerate Beta cells.
- Cow milk with 5 to 7 grams of its dried leaf powder is given for Diabetes Mellitus, Sexual dysfunction, and Pyuria.
- The leaf can also consume as a decoction twice for 3 to 4 weeks for Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity, Hypercholesterolemia, etc.
- You can apply this leaf powder paste on the wounds caused by snake bites. Infusion of dried leaves should be given internally.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.