The most popular Pathimugam in Kerala, India is widely used as herbal water. Considered an ayurvedic drink, this vibrant pink ayurvedic water is made by adding a pinch of sapwood to water and boiling it for a few minutes. Caesalpinia sappan is commonly known as Sappan Wood, Brazilwood in English. Sappan wood is a natural product that is boasted with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in antioxidants and keeps your body healthy.
In Ayurveda, Pathimugam acts as a natural blood purifier. All Moolihai’s products are herbal ingredients grown without chemical fertilizers. They are cleaned and only the medically useful parts are separated and dried using the scientific approach at low temperatures. So the nutrients in them are not depleted or destroyed in any way.
Other Common Names Sappan Wood
|Botanical Name||: Caesalpinia sappan|
|English Name||: Sappan wood, Brazilwood|
|Tamil Name||: Pathimugam|
|Sanskrit Name||: Patangah|
|Kannada Name||: Sappange|
|Hindi Name||: Bakam, Patang Lakdi|
|Marathi Name||: Pathang|
|Telugu Name||: Bakkanu chekka|
|Malayalam Name||: Pathimukham|
Health Benefits of Pathimugam
1. Controls Skin Infection – Pathimugam water has antimicrobial properties to the extent that it controls methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. So drinking this water can prevent joint infections, food poisoning, and skin infections.
2. Prevents Acne – Acne can be treated by rinsing the face with sappan wood water. The Brazilian content in the extract of the plant fights against Propionibacterium. So the acne problem is avoided.
3. Rich in Anti-oxidants
It is considered a rich source of antioxidants, which fight the harmful effects of free radicals.
4. Good for Heart Health – Brazilians (red pigment) has a positive effect on heart health.
5. Fights Against Seizures – The sappan wood has anticonvulsant properties. People suffering from epilepsy due to epilepsy or other disorders can take the prescription as per the doctor’s advice.
6. Has Anti-Allergic Properties – The Sappan chalcone has powerful anti-allergic effects.
7. Relieves Thirst – Padimugam acts as a natural coolant and helps to quench the thirst of hot summers.
8. Prevents Waterborne Diseases – Boiling drinking water with a padhimugam helps to purify the water. This prevents harmful waterborne diseases.
9. Purifies the Blood – Drinking this water also cures blood disorders and helps to purify the blood.
10. Other Health Benefits
- The powder of the tree is used to relieve pain and swelling caused by external wounds.
- This water as a blood purifier is useful for certain conditions of the blood such as dysmenorrhea and amenorrhea.
- It helps to reduce abdominal pain in women after childbirth.
- It has the ability to prevent certain types of cancers, kidney disorders, and piles.
How to Make Pathimugam Water
Boil 1 gram of crushed sappan wood in water for about 2 minutes. Then filter and serve it. It is the best health solution that prevents certain diseases.
It is grown naturally by our farmers without adding chemical fertilizers. They are cleaned and only the needed parts are separated and dried at low temperatures to prevent their natural color and nutrients. Therefore, it is 100% pure and natural with no added sugars, colors, or additives.