English Name : Balloon Plant Leaves
Tamil Name : முடக்கற்றான் – Mudakaruthan Keerai
Malayalam Name : ജ്യോതിഷ്മതി – Jyotishmati
Telugu Name : బుద్ధకాకర – buddakakara
Hindi Name : कपालफोड़ी – Kapalphodi
Mudakathan Keerai is known as Indravalli in Sanskrit. It is a woody perennial climbing type plant with the large ornamental seed pods that looked like the ballons so that is known as Balloon Vine in English. The native of this plant in Africa, Asia, and America. It has the antidiarrhoeal and homeopathic medicinal property. In India, this herbal plant is used for Ayurvedic treatments. The mature leaves of this herb are too bitter and hairy to cooked or raw and the young leaves of this plant may use in recipes.
Mudakathan Health Benefits
There are some of the Health Benefits of Balloon Plant mentioned in below:
- The leaves of this plant are rubefacient so that it is used to treat rheumatism.
- It is also used to treat nervous diseases and stiffness of the limbs.
- The tea made by these leaves is used to treat itchy skin.
- The leaf juice is used to treat earache.
- It is used to treat joint pains.
- The root is diaphoretic, diuretic, emmenagogue, laxative.
- It is also used to treat Anemia, Asthma, Urinary Incontinence.
- It is also used as a hair growth stimulation.
- It is used to treat wounds and swelling.
- It is used in treating Arthritis, Backache, Baldness, Cough, Dandruff, Diarrhea, Dysentery.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.