Botanical Name : Cyperus Rotundus
English Name : Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass
Tamil Name : கோரைக்கிழங்கு / Korai Kilangu
Hindi Name : मोठ, नगरमोठ,Bara-nagar-motha, Korehi-jhar
Malayalam Name : മുത്തങ്ങ / Muthanga
Telugu Name : తున్గాముస్తలు / Tunga Mustalu
Nutgrass is a perennial shrub that grows up to 40 cm tall. The thin stems are dark green and the long leaves are sharp. Nutgrass powder is good for treating skin-related ailments and helps in relieving itching, while you take this in powder form the digestive system will be improved thus the worms from the gastro-intestinal tract are removed. It’s one of the best herbs for treating any type of fever and is often used for developing high memory.
Benefits of Nut Grass Powder
Here is the list of health benefits of Nutgrass
- It proves useful in diseases like psychosis, epilepsy, and mental diseases.
- The herb helps uterine contraction and provides strength to the body.
- It is used as a diuretic to treat ulcers and an ingredient in warm plasters.
- It is an emmenagogue that normalizes menstrual disorders.
- The herb proves to be a keen stimulant in appetite.
- Nutgrass is beneficial in treating cough and asthma since it alleviates the Kapha.
- The herb harmonizes the liver, spleen, and pancreas.
- It treats breast problems and maintains normal body temperature.
- It is an effective remedy for vomiting, diarrhea, and dyspepsia.
- There are a lot of external benefits that can be used for skin acne, dandruff, skin ulcers, and skin wounds.
How to Consume
- Mix a few grams of powder in a cup of water, boil the content for a few minutes. When the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Apply the paste over the infected skin surface.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.