Moringa oil is extracted seeds of the tree. The moringa seeds have many benefits for hair and skin thereby the oil possesses many therapeutic benefits for hair growth and skin health.
Moringa oleifera is the botanical name of the Moringa tree. The other common names of moringa are drumstick tree, a magical tree, ben oil tree, and horseradish tree. It is native to Southeast Asia and is highly cultivated in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. After knowing the benefits of moringa, it has been cultivated in certain parts of America.
Health Benefits of Moringa Oil
The benefits of drumstick oil are,
- Massaging with drumstick oil after a day out can remove the suntan.
- The therapeutic properties of oil repair skin damage and restore lost nutrients.
- Drumstick oil can be used as a hair massage. It strengthens hair follicles from the inside.
- The antioxidants in the oil prevent oxidative stress and premature graying of hair.
- The moringa leaves and seeds have possible nutrition to improve pigmentation in the hair so it brings back the natural thick black color to your hair.
- Adding this oil to hair care and skincare routine hydrates the skin and hair thus helping for better hair growth and moisturized skin.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in the oil treat inflammation therefore it prevents risks of various chronic conditions like heartburn.
How to use
Use moringa oil to massage skin and hair.
Make sure the oil is massaged throughout the scalp and from hair roots to ends. It gives the hair enough moisture, oil, and shine.
For skin use it with a carrier oil like almond oil. Massage well, moringa oil is light so it will be absorbed easily. If there war extra oil, wipe it off with a tissue.
Add coconut oil, moringa oil, honey and use it as a hair pack to remove dandruff and improve hair quality.
Add this oil to hair masks and skincare mixtures.
Side effects and Caution
Applying moringa oil externally is relatively safe. However, if you have skin allergies, consult your doctor before using it.
It is best to consult a doctor before using anything new to your skin and hair.
If you see any adverse effects after using the oil, stop and don’t use it until you get clarification from the skincare professional that it is not due to the oil.