Indian bay leaf, also known as a Malabar leaf, Indian bark, Indian cassia, or malabathrum, is a tree from the Lauraceae family which is native to India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and China. It can grow up to 20 m tall. Their aromatic leaves are used for culinary and medicinal purposes. It is one of the major sources of the medicinal plant leaves known in classic and medieval times as malabathrum.
Dried Brinji Leaf is called:
General Name : Bay Leaf
Botanical Name : Laurus Nobilis, Cinnamomum Tamala
Tamil name : Brinji ilai-பிரிஞ்சி இலை
English Name : Bay Leaf
Hindi Name : Tejpatta, Tejpatt
Health Benefits of Bay Leaf
- It helps to reduce the weight.
- Used for the Ulcer treatment.
- It helps with constipation and laxative.
- Kept the dried bay leaf into the cupboard will help to eliminate cockroaches.
- It treats menstrual problems.
- Bay leaves treat for kidney infections and kidney stones.
- It makes a great effect on fighting the symptoms of flu, colds, infections, and respirative problems.
- The Bay leaves are good for digestion.
- The oil extracted from the bay leaves has anti-inflammatory properties so that it is performed as a good pain relief for strains, sprains, rheumatism, arthritis, and general pains and aches.
- The phytonutrients of the bay leaves protect your heart so that they will lower the risks of strokes and heart attacks.
- It helps to reduce dandruff and hair loss.
There are no reviews yet.