Roasted chana dal or roasted gram is obtained by roasting chana dal. It gives chickpeas a rich and nutty taste. Roasted chana dal is small, firm, and creamy white with a crisp taste, and mild aroma. Roasted chana dal is easily available and is easy to store. It can be bought readymade or roasted at home. If buying dried, check the beans to make sure they were stored in a covered container, are whole, unblemished, and have no moisture damage.
Vernacular Names of Roasted Gram
|Botanical Name||: Cicer Arietinum|
|English Name||: Roasted Gram, Roasted Bengal Gram|
|Tamil Name||: பொட்டு கடலை – Pottu Kadalai|
|Hindi Name||: भुना हुआ चना – Bhuna Hua Chana|
|Malayalam Name||: ബംഗാൾ ഗ്രാം – വറുത്തത് – Bangal Gram, Varuttat|
|Telugu Name||: బెంగాల్ గ్రామ్ – కాల్చిన – Bangal Gram – Kalchina|
Health Benefits of Roasted Gram
- Roasted chana dal is a good source of manganese, folate, protein, dietary fiber, copper, phosphorous, and iron.
- They are naturally free from fat, saturated fat, and sodium. Roasted chana helps reduce your risk of heart disease and colon cancer.
- They help to maintain a blood sugar low because the carbohydrate in them takes a longer time to digest and hence it has a low GI which makes them a suitable snack for diabetics.
- Take them to add a protein boost to your food without adding meat or unnecessary fat to the dish.
- Roasted chana has 6 grams of dietary fiber or 22 percent of the recommended daily requirement of 28 grams. Dietary fiber promotes regular bowel movements, stops constipation, and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- They are also a good source of calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Nutritional Facts of Bengal Gram
|Total Fat||3 g||Potassium||0 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||27 g|
|Polyunsaturated||1 g||Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Monounsaturated||1 g||Sugars||5 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||9 g|
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.