Other Common Names
|English Name||: Butterfly pea flower, Asian pigeon wings|
|Tamil Name||: Sangu Pushpam|
|Siddha Name||: Vishnukranta|
|Hindi Name||: Koyala|
Butterfly pea flower also known as Blue pea is the natural supplement for infections. It has been used in the traditional Middle East and Asian medicine as well as Ayurveda for centuries. It is boasted with plenty of nutrients that is necessary to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Dried organic Butterfly pea flowers are the most demanded color changing petals on the market with no added preservatives. These petals have no scent but it is a perfect coloring agent for any drinks or dishes without changing its flavor.
Butterfly pea flowers are commonly used in the preparation of blue tea, lemonade and gin. Blue tea is the most popular one. It has a mild woody taste. Also this colorful blue tea can be brewed either hot or cold. Not only blue, its magical properties can make the tea turn into purple by just squeezing a slice of lemon into it.
Moreover, butterfly pea flower is one of the best remedies for your body especially for hair and skin. It is blessed with antioxidants including anthocyanin, and pro anthocyanin that supports your skin and hair health.
Health Benefits of Butterfly Pea Flower
- It nourishes the hair follicles, reduces hair fall, prevents greying, and promotes hair growth.
- The antioxidants and the anti-aging properties have the ability to reverse the damage caused by the sugar molecules to the skin and thus reduce aging.
- It is also noted that butterfly pea flowers are loaded with anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties that prevent the growth as well as the spread of cancer cells.
- In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, butterfly pea flower is used as a stress alleviator and a mood enhancer. It is also believed that it can balance the blood sugar levels.
- Boost up your immune system.
- Improves your memory power.
- Helps to detoxify the whole body.
- Helps in the diabetic activity by preventing the intake of glucose from diet.
How to use
Infuse a few fresh or dried butterfly pea flowers in hot water and leave it to boil for 5-6 minutes to get a strong flavor and color. And then you can steep this herbal blue tea either hot or cold, by mixing it with honey or lemon for a sweet herbal taste.
You can also use this to give color to your dishes, smoothies, cookies, cakes, doughnuts, ice creams, and others.
Blue butterfly pea flowers are grown organically and sun-dried on organic bamboo mats, so that it retains all natural nutrients without any machine work. We assure you that our moolihai products are 100% pure and natural with no added preservatives or chemicals.