Tamil Name : சர்பகந்தா,சிவன் அமல் / Sarpagandha , Covanna Milpadi, sivan amal
English Name : Black snakeroot / Indian snakeroot
Hindi Name : छोटा चाँद, धवल बरुआ, नयी , नकुलिकाण्ड , नकुलकन्दा , धवलबारुआ, / Chota chand, Dhaval barua, Nayi, Nakulikand, Dhavalbarua,
Malayalam Name : ചിവൻ അമല്പൊടി,തുള്ളുന്നു, ചുവന്ന അമ്ലപരി, സിവാൻ അമാൽപാദി / Tullunni, Chuvanna
Telugu Name : పాతాళ గరుడ , పాటలగాని , పాటలగంధి , / Patala Garuda, Patalagani, Patalagaruda, patalagandhi
Black Snake is a green perennial shrub belonging to the botanical family Rauwolfia Serpentina. The plant is usually up to 60 cm tall and comes with erect fur. The roots of this herbaceous plant are pale brown with a cork-like tuber structure. The leaves of this plant are in three spirals, the maple is bright green and the bottom is pale green.
The base of the leaves is narrow and very thin, and its leaflets and nerves are long. The flowers of this plant are white and violet, and the nectar of the corolla tubes of the flowers has honey. The calyx in it is very bright and red. The egg-shaped trunks of this plant are slightly purple and black. In India, this plant blooms flowers from March to May.
Rauvolfia serpentine root has been used for centuries in India as it possesses sedative and hypnotic properties. It was used for treating various maladies such as insect bites, snake bites, malaria, febrile conditions, dysentery, and abdominal pain.
- The black snake roots are used for treating hypertension and lower blood pressure.
- The Roots, barks, and leaves are the best medicine for treating the wounds caused by scorpion and snake.
- Prepare the decoction of snakeroot and apply it over the painful bowel to promote the uterine contractions while giving birth.
- It works efficiently for treating mental disorders such as epilepsy, bipolar disorder, insomnia, seizures, and sleep problems.
- In some Indian cities, the root decoction is used as an antidote for snake venom.
- Leaves juice is used to eliminate opacities of the cornea of the eyes and also treat wounds and itches.
- The root paste is taken with honey or raw milk on an empty stomach twice a day for 21 days to treat mental disorders.
- The plant is used for treating dysentery, fever, and intestinal disorders.
⇒ Antipsychotic Activity
The Sarpadhanga root is an excellent medicinal herb that is used for treating schizophrenic and tardive dyskinesia, and it is the best natural solution for relieving fever. It is also used as a febrifuge.
The Sarpadhanga root is well-known for treating insomnia due to its sedative properties. It is highly beneficial for treating insanity. For getting complete relief from insomnia does the following process. Just take 1 g of powdered root and gently mix with 250ml of milk, add sugar if needed. Consume it twice a day and experience its benefits.
⇒ Anti-Hypertensive Activity
Sarpadhanga root has numerous medicinal properties in such lists, it is used for treating high blood pressure. The presence of alkaloids in this root will have a direct effect on hypertension and is used in most modern medicines. It also provides relief from itching in urticaria.
⇒ Cancer Treatment
The Black snakeroot is used for treating breast cancer. It completely reduces the cancer cell growth in your body and helps to stimulate new healthy cells. Medically it has been proven that the rate of breast cancer was reduced by using Rauvolfia serpentine.
⇒ Treats Hysteria
This medicinal herb is used to treat hysteria. Take a small amount of black snakeroot powder and mix it with milk. Consume it regularly for getting complete relief.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
There are no reviews yet.