Botanical Name : Cardiospermum Halicacabum
English Name : Balloon Plant
Tamil Name : முடக்கற்றான் / Mudakaruthan
Hindi Name : कपालफोड़ी , कनफुटी , कनफटा / Kapalphodi, Khanphuti, Kanphata
Malayalam Name: ജ്യോതിഷ്മതി / ഉഴിഞ്ഞ
Telugu Name: ఒకవేళ / ముదకరుతన్
Balloon Vine is a woody perennial vine from the soapberry family, and its native is tropical and subtropical America. It produces white flowers and fruits. The fruit is 2.5 cm across, and it contains black seeds with white spots with heart-shape. This vine can grow up to 3m. The leaves are compound, and the leaflets are arranged in a group of three. The leaflets contain coarsely toothed margins. The unique large balloon-shaped contains three compartments, and the seeds are arranged in the compartments.
Balloon Vine Powder can be used both internally and externally for curing joint pain. Balloon Vine Powder also treats all cold and cough related problems. This is a very safe herb so it can be used for children’s coughs & colds. It also treats ear pain, menstrual cramps, general tiredness, and sluggishness.
Few drops of the Balloon Vine Powder leaves juice in the ear will treat ear pain. The poultice of this amazing herb utilized for all kinds of pain.
The juice of this plant combined with pure turmeric powder and applied to the affected area treats eczema.
Benefits of Mudakaruthan(Balloon Plant):
- The balloon plant can be used for the treatment of nervous diseases, stiffness of the limbs.
- The juice of the leaves can be used for the treatment of earache.
- The root is diaphoretic, diuretic, emmenagogue, laxative and rubefacient
- A tea made from them is used in the treatment of itchy skin.
- It is used in the treatment of Join pains.
- It is occasionally used in the treatment of rheumatism, lumbago, and nervous diseases
- It is used in treating Anemia, Asthma, Urinary Incontinence. It contains anti-ulcer properties that help to treat people who have acidity problems. Having Mudakathan keerai in your diet is very useful for you.
- The balloon vine powder is used to cure fever, and it is an effective remedy to reduce malaria fever. This is the best medicine if you are suffering from a cold, fever, and headache.
- This powder contains anti-bacterial properties, so it fights against five types of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus Aureus, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, and E.coli.
- It contains anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties, so it cures all types of inflammations. Due to the different health benefits of the balloon plant, it is considered one of the best herbs in the Siddha system.
How to Consume Balloon Vine Leaves Powder (Mudakaruthan)
Take 2 teaspoon of powder with 500 ml water and boil them for a few minutes. By drinking this, you can get relief from joint pains.
Take five gms of Balloon Vine (Mudakathan) Powder with hot water and drink it twice a day.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.