English Name: Horse Purslane Root Dried
Tamil Name: சாரணை வேர் / Saranai ver, Vellai caranai, Vellaisharunnai, Charanai, Chattichcharanai
Hindi Name : सालसाबुनि , सबुनि , विषखपरा , लाल -सबुनि , सांठी , गङबङी / Salasabuni, Sabuni, Vishakhapara , Lal-sabuni, Santhi, Gadabani
Malayalam Name: വെളുത്ത തഴുതാമ / Vellutha thazhuthama
Telugu Name: తెల్లగలిజేరు / Tellagalijeru(root)
Trianthema Decandra is an annual herb and is a succulent, fur-covered herb. It has a slightly branched, longitudinal angle stalk, the internodes about 2.5- 9.5 cm long. It occurs as common weeds used throughout Peninsular India. The stem of Punarnava is a hernia and rarely branched. The aroma emanating from the stem is very acute and the taste is vague. Its cylindrical roots are up to 8 cm long and up to 0.5 cm thick. The surface of the plant is smooth and brownish, and the lateral roots of this plant are low.
- Punarnava herb is effective in cleansing the blood.
- It treats various diseases ranging from skin allergies to constipation.
- This herb effectively reduces the amount of urea in the body and easily cures all the disorders of the kidney.
- It is also known as a liver tonic because it is used to treat all disorders of the liver.
- It is used to treat eye problems such as glaucoma, night blindness, and persistent irritation in the eyes.
- The dry powder of the Punarva root is mixed with honey and consumed daily like coffee water.
- Using this herb regularly will give the skin a natural glow and youthfulness.
- It cures for Cathartic & Ulcer.
- It’s utilized to apply externally for poor eyesight, itching, night blindness, and some more skin infections.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.