Tamil Name : நெல்லி வத்தல்/ Nelli Vathal
English Name : Dried Amla, Gooseberry
Botanical Name : Phyllanthus emblica
Hindi Name : करौंदा/ Karaunda
The health benefits of Indian Gooseberry which is also known as Amla can be credited to its high vitamin-C content. Amla improves food absorption, neutralizes stomach acid, fortifies the liver, feeds the brain and mental functioning, strengthens the heart, the lungs, improves elimination of free radicals, improves fertility, assists the urinary system, improves skin health, enhances healthier hair, works as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens eyes, improves muscle tone and, acts as an antioxidant.
The Indian Gooseberry is a member of the Euphorbiaceae family. This fruit grows in the autumn in wet, forested, hilly areas on the Indian subcontinent. It is considered a sacred tree in India. The fruit is very nourishing, but it tastes sour. Both dried and fresh fruits can be intaken for their health benefits.
It used as a remedy for many health problems, so it is broadly used in Ayurvedic medicine. Gooseberry has a high content of Vitamin C also has many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene, and Vitamin B Complex. Amla is also a powerful antioxidant agent.
Health Benefits of Dried Amla
- The dried amla is used in many hair oils because it enhances hair growth and pigmentation. Amla hair oil is very famous in India because it reduces hair loss and baldness. You can eat the fresh gooseberry or apply the paste on the root of the hairs that increase hair growth and color.
- By drinking the gooseberry juice, you can improve the eyesight and eye problems like nearsightedness, cataracts, etc. It contains Vitamin A and carotenes that reduce macular degeneration, night blindness and increase your vision.
- Calcium is an important component of your body, teeth, bones, nails, and also the hair. The Amla contains Vitamin C that helps the body to absorb Calcium, and it is an effective way to keep your body and great.
- The amla is combined with the minerals and vitamins that help to cure the menstrual cramps.
- The protein content in nelli vathal plays a major role in metabolic activity. Protein is main for the development of cells, muscles, and organs.
- Dried amla triggers the beta-pancreatic cells and enhances the secretion of Insulin, which in turn reduces the blood sugar level. It also reduces the bad cholesterol level.
- Amla has diuretic properties that increase urination by eliminating excess toxins, water, salts from the body. It maintains a healthy kidney.
- Fibers present in amla helps in digestion by improving bowel movements. It treats constipation, loose stools, and reduces diarrhea.
How to use
- Soften the nelli vathal by soaking it in water for 25 to 30 mins and then use it.
- Make a face or hair pack by grinding the dried amla. Then mix this powder with water or honey which treats damaged hairs.
- The powder or soaked amla can be added to juices.
- Use it in the preparation of curries.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.