Whole Sun Dried Indian Gooseberry – Nelli Vathal – Dry Amla – Phyllanthus Emblica – Chatpata
14.99US$ – 78.00US$
Botanical Name: Phyllanthus Emblica Condition: Dry Origin: India
The health benefits of Dried Indian Gooseberry can be credited to its high vitamin-C content. Amla improves food absorption, neutralizes stomach acid, fortifies the liver, feeds the brain and mental functioning, strengthens the heart, the lungs, improves elimination of free radicals, improves fertility, assists the urinary system, improves skin health, enhances healthier hair, works as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens eyes, improves muscle tone and, acts as an antioxidant.
The Indian Gooseberry is a member of the Euphorbiaceae family. This fruit grows in the autumn in wet, forested, hilly areas on the Indian subcontinent. It is considered a sacred tree in India. The fruit is very nourishing, but it tastes sour. Both dried and fresh fruits can be intaken for their health benefits.
Due to the health benefits of amla, it is the best remedy for many health problems, so it is broadly used in Ayurvedic medicine. Gooseberry has a high content of Vitamin C also has many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene, and Vitamin B Complex. Amla is also a powerful antioxidant agent.
Vernacular Names of Indian Gooseberry
Tamil Name : நெல்லி வத்தல் / Nelli Vathal
English Name : Dried Amla, Gooseberry
Hindi Name : करौंदा/ Karaunda
We grow most of our produce on a small farm of our own with the aim of providing quality products to consumers. We guarantee that these plants and their products grown under the supervision of our staff will be of the highest quality.
Premium Grade Dried Indian Gooseberry: We are sure that not only the products grown on our farm but also the other products we sell are of high quality. Moolihai is a specialized company, the amla we harvest is cut in half or small pieces on the same day as harvested and dried in the sun.
100% Purity and Nature: Some companies use additives for a better appearance and longer-lasting. But with the aim of providing quality, natural, and healthy products to the consumers, no additives are added to our Dried Indian gooseberry. No chemicals are added to enhance the taste or color. All of our products are certified to be pure and unadulterated.
Health Benefits of Dried Indian Gooseberry
- People using dried Indian gooseberry in many hair oils because it enhances hair growth and pigmentation. Amla hair oil is very famous in India as it prevents hair loss and baldness. You can eat the fresh gooseberry or apply the paste to the root of the hairs that increase hair growth and color.
- By drinking gooseberry juice, you can improve your eyesight and eye problems such as nearsightedness, cataracts, etc. It contains Vitamin A and carotenes that reduce macular degeneration, night blindness and increase your vision.
- Calcium is an important component of your body, teeth, bones, nails, and also hair. The Amla contains Vitamin C that helps the body to absorb Calcium, and it is an effective way to keep your body and great.
- The amla is a combination of the minerals and vitamins that help to cure menstrual cramps.
- The protein content in nelli vathal plays a major role in metabolic activity. Protein is the main for the development of cells, muscles, and organs.
- Dried Indian gooseberry triggers the beta-pancreatic cells and enhances the secretion of Insulin, which in turn reduces the blood sugar level. Besides, this reduces the bad cholesterol level.
- Amla has diuretic properties that increase urination by eliminating excess toxins, water, salts from the body. It maintains a healthy kidney.
- Fibers present in amla helps in digestion by improving bowel movements. It treats constipation, loose stools, and reduces diarrhea.
How to Use Indian Gooseberry
- Soften the nelli vathal by soaking it in water for 25 to 30 mins and consume it.
- Make a face or hair pack by grinding the dried amla. Then mix this powder with water or honey which treats damaged hairs.
- You can add the powder or soaked amla to juices.
- Use dried amla in the preparation of curries.
Fresh Indian Gooseberries are not a challenging one to find in the Asian market, but you can also buy dried Indian Gooseberries online, it is called nelli vathal in tamil. Using Indian gooseberries in all forms is safe for most people, but still, it has some side effects. The anti-platelet properties in nelli vathal will help to thin your blood and prevent blood clotting. If you have a bleeding disorder, then you should consult your doctor before consuming nelli vathal. You should also stop consuming Indian gooseberry before going to surgery because of bleeding risk. Consuming nelli vathal may lower the blood sugar level, so you should always check your blood sugar level. Some research also suggested not consume Indian gooseberry during pregnancy and breastfeeding.