Botanical Name : Phyllanthus emblica
Tamil Name: நெல்லிக்காய் தூள் / Nellikkay tul
Hindi Name: आंवले का चूर्ण / aanvale ka choorn
Malayalam Name: നെല്ലിക്ക പൊടി / nellikka peaṭi
Sanskrit Name: Amalaki, Adiphala
Kannada Name: Nelli, Aamalakee, Dhatri, Bettada Nellikayi, Daadi Kaayi, Dodda Nelli, Ambla, Nelli Chattu
Telugu Name: గూస్బెర్రీ పౌడర్ / Gusberri pauḍar
Amla, is a tree from India, China, and tropical areas in Asia. It is a straggling bush that grows up to 1.5 m tall. It produces berries in various colors like green, yellow, red, and white. The dried and powder form of these berries are used for various medicinal purposes. Amla contains many elements that can withstand diseases and improves good health.
Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C which is a very effective antioxidant.
It also contains tannin and flavonoids. These components are very effective in lowering the number of free radicals in the body and also decreasing oxidative stress in the body.
Health Benefits of Gooseberry Powder
- Amla helps to cure a sore throat and cold. Take 2 tsp of amla powder and mix it with 2 tsp of honey. Take it 3-4 times a day for effective results.
- Regular intake of 500 mg of amla powder with a glass of water before going to sleep. It lowers LDL, VLDL, and triglycerides levels by over 40%; and Increases the level of HDL (good cholesterol) significantly.
- The amla is known to cure diabetes naturally. Chromium regulates carbohydrate metabolism and keeps the body more responsive to insulin, which reduces blood glucose levels. Take 2-3 teaspoons of amla powder or juice in a glass of water and have it regularly.
- Amla powder taken with honey purifies the blood.
- It helps to relieve Asthma, Constipation, Bronchitis, and Piles.
- The gooseberry acts as a cooling agent that helps to keep your body cool and removes excessive heat.
- The gooseberry helps to treat gastric diseases and prevents cancer.
- It helps to soothe inflammation and menstrual cramps and improves your bone health.
- Gooseberry is an effective antioxidant.
- The gooseberry powder helps to cure acne, pigmentation, pimples, and dandruff.
- It prevents grey hair and strengthens your hair.
- It tightens your skin and makes your skin glow.
- Having amla powder with radish helps to dissolve kidney stones.
- The dried amla fruit powder is an efficient remedy for hyperacidity, ulcers, and other blood impurities.
- Having amla powder with butter and honey before every meal will enhance your appetite. This will help to increase the pounds in a healthy way. Due to the different health benefits of amla are best to incorporate it into the diet.
How to Consume Gooseberry Internally
Morning – Take five gms of powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water gets warm, filter them, and drink before food. Repeat this same for the Evening after dinner.
How to Consume Gooseberry Externally
Apply the gooseberry paste to the affected area for 10-15 minutes which helps to reduce pimples and brighten your skin. It is a natural blood purifier that fights against microorganisms in your skin and prevents skin infections and pimples.