The Henna with the botanical name Lazonia Inermis is a flowering plant belonging to the genus Lythraceae. The leaves, bark, and seeds of this plant are used in Unani and Ayurvedic medicines. Henna is native to India, North Africa, and Southwest Asia. The plant is widespread in Australia, the West Indies, and the tropics of North and South America. Most people remember hair dye when they hear about this plant. In some places, dark brown/red dye made from henna is used as the main source. These are used as a dye for temporary tattoos. Henna also known as Mehndi in India, Pakistan, and other southeastern parts of Asia, this henna is a beauty feature loved by women. Beyond beauty, dried henna leaves have innumerable medicinal values.
Vernacular Names of Henna
|Botanical Name||: Lawsonia Inermis|
|English Name||: Henna Leaves, Mignonette Tree|
|Tamil Name||: மருதாணி / Maruthani ilai|
|Hindi Name||: मेहंदी / Mehandi, Mailanchi, Mylanchi, Marutonni, Pontalasi|
|Malayalam Name||: മൈലാഞ്ചി / Mailanji|
|Telugu Name||: గోరింటాకు / Gorintaaku|
|Kannada Name||: Goranti,Madirengi,Gorante,Goranthu, Mardaani Soppu|
|Sanskrit Name||: Mendi, Mendhika, Madayantika, Mendika,Ranjaka, Ragangi, Dvivranta, Medhini,|
Health Benefits of Dried Henna Leaves
There are some of the Health Benefits of Henna mentioned below:
- For Hair Treatment: Dried Henna leaves are used to treat all kinds of hair problems, it can be used as the powder or paste form. The paste of these leaves is applied to the hair by cutting dandruff, making the hair soft, and making shimmering.
- Treats Burn: The cooling compounds of henna leaves relax the nervous system when applied as mehndi on hands and feet. It reduces arthritis pain and inflammation symptoms.
- Treats Headaches: Dried Henna leaves are also used to treat the head pain killer. Henna leaves or powder of the henna leaves are used to cure serious headaches. If you using these henna leaves regularly, it will be a mesmerizing problem. It is the best alternative to the aspirin pill.
- Treats Tuberculosis: Henna leaves are also used to cure Tuberculosis called TB.
- Treats Baldness: Dried Henna leaves can be used to treat baldness.
- For Skin Conditions: Henna can be used to treat skin conditions like athletes’ feet, rashes, and ringworm. It is also an effective sunblock.
- For Nails: Mylanchi benefits for treating cracked nails. Soak henna leaves in water and leave overnight, then drink this water to treat your cracked nails.
- For Arthritis: You can use Mylanchi oil for arthritic and rheumatic pain.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.