Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||Cassia Angustifolia|
|English Name||Cassia / East Indian Senna|
|Tamil Name||நாட்டு நிலவாகை / Nattu Nilavagai|
|Telugu Name||నెలతాగేడు / Nelatagedu|
|Malayalam Name||നിലാവക / Nilavaka|
|Hindi Name||सेना / Sena|
Senna is a woody perennial, small and stubby shrub that grows about 0.5–1m, rarely two meters in height. It is widely grown in all parts of India. It has small yellow flowers which are arranged in the form of spikes, it grows from the axils of leaves or at the end of the branches.
All the flowers are arranged with 5 petals and sepals, 10 stamens, and one pistil. Flowers are not fragrant. Its fruit is horned, broadly oblong, compressed, and flat legume about 2 inches long by 7/8 inch broad and consists of about six seeds.
- Aids Weight Loss
The Senna powder is beneficial for weight loss. First of all, it helps to relieve constipation which often occurs in low-fiber weight-loss diets.
Secondly, being a low-calorie, flavorful solution, helps to boost your fluid intake. Finally, it aids in the elimination of unwanted toxins and undigested food in the large intestine.
This cleansing and detoxification is the major reason for getting proper nutrient absorption and optimal metabolism, resulting in weight loss.
- Treatment of Skin Conditions
The Senna helps to alleviate skin inflammation. It has a remarkable use in Ayurvedic medicine due to the presence of oil resin and tannin. It is made into a paste that can be applied over the affected areas to heal wounds, burns, and ringworms.
- Food for Indigestion
Senna leaves work effectively to relieve you from nausea, gas, bloating, and burping related to dyspepsia. You can mix a spoonful of Senna powder with aromatic herbs like fennel, ginger, and cardamom to remove the buildup of gas in the stomach through its strong purgative actions.
- Beneficial For Skin Infections
The anti-bacterial property of Senna leaves can help in treating skin infections. The paste of senna leaves can be applied over skin infections like acne as well as inflammatory conditions like eczema. Due to the presence of acetone and ethanol the free radicals can be removed.
- Boosts Immunity
The paste of senna leaves can reduce a wide range of skin irritations including psoriasis, acne, eczema, and pimples. The anti-bacterial element can boost the immune system and fight against all types of problems.
- The dried senna leaves are used for treating abdominal worm infestation, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as gout.
- Senna plant has the capacity to relieve humans from jaundice also it removes excessive pitta to stay healthy.
- The senna leaves are an excellent blood purifier.
- It stimulates the liver for the production of pitta and helps you to get relief from excessive fat.
How to Use
- Internally: Mix a few grams of powder in 100 ml water, and boil it for a few minutes. While the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Externally: Mix Nattu Nilavagai powder with vinegar and apply it over the infected area to treat skin diseases.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.
There are no reviews yet.