Vilamarathu Pattai / Wood Apple Tree Bark / Limonia acidissima
Botanical Name: Limonia acidissima Origin: India The bark of this plant contains many medical properties that help to treat various diseases, and it is the most powerful remedy for snake bites.
English Name: Wood Apple Tree Bark
Tamil Name: விளாமரத்து பட்டை – Vilamarathu Pattai
Telugu Name: వెలగ – Velaga
Vilamaram is also known as a wood apple tree. The native of this tree in India, the height of this tree grows to 9-10 meters. It has dark grey bark and the thorny branches. The bark of this tree is fissured, ridged, and scaly and there are sharp 3/4 to 2-inch spines and some of the spines have zigzag twigs. the leaves of this tree are arranged alternatively, the length of the leaves is 3 to 5 inches. The leaves are dark-green, leathery, often minutely toothed, blunt or notched at the apex, are dotted with oil glands, and slightly lemon-scented when crushed.
Vilvamarathu Pattai Is Called:
- This vilamarathu pattai is heps to ease digestion, it is a good remedy to treat the digestive disorder.
- It is also used to purify the blood.
- The wood apple bark is the perfect solution for diabetes.
- This also helps to cure chronic respiratory conditions.
- It is used to recovering from throat and cough.
- The wood apple is also recommended for people suffering from kidney problems.
- It also helps to boost liver health.