Uchi Podi is an Ayurvedic herbal medicine that gives instant relief from headaches, colds, coughs, and sinusitis. Mostly it is rubbed on the scalp of the babies to prevent them from cold. It is also called Rasnadi Choornam or Rasnadi Podi in the traditional Ayurvedic system of Kerala.
Ingredients present in Uchi Podi
- Alpinia Galanga / Chittarattai
- Withania Somnifera / Ashwagandha
- Cedrus Deodara / Devadaram
- Picrorrhiza Kurroa / Katukarogini
- Vateria Indica / Vellai Kungiliyam
- Saussurea lappa / Koshtam
- Acorus Calamus / Vasambu
- Red Ochre
- Curcuma Longa / Turmeric
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra / Adimaduram
- Sida Cordifolia / Mayir-manikham
- Cyperus Rotundus / Korai Kilangu
- Piper Longum / Tippili
- Piper Nigrum / Kurumilagu
- Zingiber Officinale / Ginger
- Holoptelea Integrifolia / Ayal
- Ferula Foetida / Perunkayam
- Hemidesmus Indicus / Nannari
- Vetiveria Zizanioides / Vettiver
- Cuttlefish Bone / Samudraphena
- Santalum Album / Chandanam
- Aquilaria Agallocha / Akilmaram
- Tamarindus Indicus / Puli
Benefits of using Uchi Podi
- It treats the inflammation of the mucous membrane ( Sinusitis ) in the nose and helps you in breathing.
- Gives immediate relief from headache, nasal block, and sneezing.
- Prevent cold and cough for infants.
How to Use Uchi Podi
As the name implies, this powder should be applied to the scalp of the infants, immediately after the bath. Doing this prevents cold in babies and infants.
Uchi Podi does not cause any side effects if used in moderation. Overdosage may cause skin rashes, redness, and irritation. you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnant and lactating periods. Do not apply it over the injury. It is for external use only.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.