Botanical Name : Ficus Religiosa
English Name : Sacred Fig
Tamil Name : அரச இலை / Arasa ilai
Hindi Name : अस्वत्थ पत्ती / aswattha Pattee
Malayalam Name: അരയാൽ ഇല / arayal / pippalam ila
Telugu Name : పిప్పలము ఆకు ఆకు / pippalamu aku
Bodhi in Hindi is Pipal. It is raised in India, Bangladesh, and Nepal.It is helpful for healing Skin Diseases like Acne, Abscess, Wounds, Scabies and Warts.
- Juice made from its bark is used as a mouthwash. Its roots are chewed to relieve Gum problems.
- Its leaf extract is used as Ear drops.
- Its bark is useful for healing Adenitis (Swelling of Glands).
- Its fruit has laxative properties. It reduces Digestion and controls Vomiting.
- Bodhi fruit powder is consumed to cure Asthma.
- It treats Biliousness. It controls excessive urination during Jaundice.
- Bodhi leaves powder is used to cure Constipation.
- It treats Leucorrhea in women.
- Its leaf infusion is drunk with honey to cure Gonorrhoea.
- Bodhi tree roots are an effective treatment for Rheumatic Pain and Gout
- It is a potent cure for Lumbago.
- It is an Antidote to the venom of Insects bites.