Cinnamon Powder | Ilavangapattai | Dalchini Powder | Daalcheeni | Cinnamomum Zeylanicum
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum Verum Condition: Powder Origin: India
Product Origin & Shipping Information
We Ship from our warehouses in India, the land of Ayurveda & Siddha. We Ship around Indian & All International locations. Shipping is free over USD $80 for most countries.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it anytime upto 30 days and get full refund.
Moolihai takes pride in offering products which are 100% Organic, Pure & hygienically processed.
Cinnamon is a small, medium-sized subtropical tree that bears small berry fruit. It grows widely in forests and the mid-hills up to 1,400 m. Its fruit is very popular among children and adults. The leaves of this tree are oval-lanceolate, alternate, petiolate, 2-7 cm long, and 2.5-3 cm wide. The fruits are fleshy, oblong, and 1.5-5 cm long. It turns reddish-brown when ripe. The inner bark of the tree is one of the well-known spices and herbs that can be added to the foods for its wonderful flavor. Cinnamon powder has anti-diabetic effects that control blood sugar levels.
Vernacular Names of Cinnamon
|Botanical Name||: Cinnamomum Verum|
|English Name||: Cinnamon Bark powder / Chinese Cassia|
|Tamil Name||: Ilavangapattai, Karuvapattai|
|Hindi Name||: दालचीनी – Dalchini / Darchini / Tuj|
|Malayalam Name||: Karuvapatta|
|Telugu Name||: Dalchina Chekka / Dalchini / Lavangapatta|
|Kannada Name||: Dalchini / Lavanga Chakke|
|Bengali Name||: Daroochini / Daalchini|
Types of Cinnamon
There are different types of cinnamon.
- Cinnamomum Verum (Ceylon cinnamon)
- Cinnamomum Aromaticum (Cassia cinnamon or Chinese cinnamon) is commonly used.
In many cases, the cinnamon spice purchased in food stores contains a combination of these different types of cinnamon.
About Ceylon Cinnamon
Ceylon cinnamon, belonging to the botanical family of Cinnamomum Verum, has been used as a natural flavoring agent in many countries. Ceylon Cinnamon is commonly known as Cinnamon Zeylanicum. Because of its uniqueness and medicinal properties, these are called “Real Cinnamon” or “True Cinnamon“. This plant native to Sri Lanka has many health benefits and is used as a protection. Over time, these are cultivated by developing countries such as Madagascar, India, the Caribbean, and Brazil.
It is not only used as one of the traditional spices for flavoring but also as a traditional remedy. Ceylon Cinnamon is initially cultivated in Ceylon as it has medicinal properties in important minerals such as manganese. It is also considered an excellent source of iron, fiber, and calcium. Ceylon cinnamon is very thin in appearance so it is added to the line of paper-type strips. These cylindrical bands are hard to see, but they are easily brittle.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon Powder
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Cinnamon mentioned below:
- People use the bark of the Cinnamon tree to make medicine.
- Cinnamon powder is used for gastrointestinal (GI) upset, diarrhea, and gas. It is also helpful for stimulating appetite; for infections caused by bacteria and parasitic worms; and for menstrual cramps, the common cold, and the flu (influenza).
- Dalchina chekka has lots of medicinal uses which protect you from cancer.
- It helps to fight against bacteria, fungal infections, and HIV.
- Cinnamon bark, as part of a multi-ingredient preparation, is used on the penis for premature ejaculation.
- Cinnamon is used as a spice and as a flavoring agent in beverages.
- A small amount of Cinnamon oil is used in the manufacturing of toothpaste, mouthwashes, gargles, lotions, liniments, soaps, detergents, and other pharmaceutical products and cosmetics.
- Cinnamon is highly used to treat respiratory problems.
- Ilavangapattai has an effect on blood sugar levels, it will help to control blood glucose levels. So cinnamon is good for diabetes.
- Dalchina chekka also lowers the cholesterol level in the blood.
- Cinnamon is a good choice for people who has a weight loss plan. It will burn excess fat from the body.
Consumption Method of Cinnamon Powder
- Take 12-24 gms of bark paste, fry that in ghee and take with salt daily. It helps to cure chronic cough.
- Take 1g bark powder with 50-100 ml rice washing water twice a day that helps to relieve vomiting.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure natural herbal products.
Yummy and the good flavor. It’s a great stuff. I’ve been seen cinnamon powder from many online market, but this one is satisfied for me.
Feeling good about this product.