Botanical Name : Erythrina indica Lamk
Tamil Name : கல்யாண முருங்கை / Kalyana Murungai
English Name : Coral Tree, Erythrina Variegata Powder
Malayalam Name : കോറൽ ട്രീ പൊടി / Mulmurukku, mulmurikk, murikk, penmurikk
Hindi Name : Pharhada, Farhad, Pangra, महामेद mahamed, मन्दार mandar, पांगरा pangra, पारिभद्र paribhadra, पारिजात parijat
Telugu Name : పగడపు చెట్టు పొడి / Badida Chettu, Badachipa Chettu, badidepuchettu
The Indian coral tree is native to the Indian subcontinent, and its range extends throughout Southeast Asia to Malaysia. It was established in ancient times in the Pacific islands and parts of Africa. The Indian coral tree from Leguminosae or Fabaceae family of plants making it a relative of dhak, the pongam tree, Ashoka (Saraca Indica), the monkeypod tree, jhand, lentils, indigo, the butterfly pea, chickpeas, soya beans, and lupins to name but a few.
Coral tree is a medium-sized, well-branched tree that grows up to 60-80 feet in height and spread up to 20-40 feet. The younger bark of the tree is smooth, vertical-stripped green, whitish, or light brown, and it turns into spiny when the tree is matured.
The leaves of the tree are alternate, trifoliate, and 10-12 cm long. The fruit is black in color, compressed, 10-25 cm long, and narrowly oblong. It has 5-10 black seeds that are kidney-shaped and 1-1.5 cm long.
- Coral Tree powder is used to help digestion, as an aphrodisiac, and for erectile dysfunctions.
- It is also helpful to get rid of intestinal worms, for blood purification, to regulate menstruation, for infections of the urinary tract such as cystitis, obesity, fevers, and externally for skin problems.
- It is supposed to support the liver and nerve functions and is anti-inflammatory, analgesic (pain-relieving), and dilate the blood vessels.
- A drink from bark and leaves is used for coughs as an expectorant.
- It is also used for insomnia, to improves lactation in breastfeeding mothers, for reducing back pain and knee pain as well as for rheumatism.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods:
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
100% natural & organic product. I purchased this for for my kids because it gives effective treatment for fever and intestinal worms.
I use this product against colds and congestion. It is promising.