Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Trigonella Foenum|
|Tamil Name||: வெந்தையம் / Venthayam|
|English Name||: Fenugreek Powder|
|Hindi Name||: मेथी दाना / Methi Dana|
|Malayalam Name||: ഉലുവ / വെന്തിരം / Uluva / Venthiam|
|Kananda Name||: Menthya Gida, Mentya, Menthya Soppu|
|Sanskrit Name||: Methe, Methika, Kalanusari, Methini, Bahuparni, Bahupatrika|
|Telugu Name||: మెంతులు / Menthulu|
Methi/Fenugreek seeds are very small but have tons of health benefits which are used as medicine for years, therapeutic, and natural home remedies. It is grown once in a year and it is the Fabaceae family. Methi seeds are a very common ingredient used in various Indian subcontinent dishes. Methi seeds are greatly offered in many countries such as India, Iran, Spain, Argentina, Nepal, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey, France, Bangladesh, and Morocco. India is the largest producer of fenugreek seeds in the world.
- Fenugreek seeds powder is greatly useful for our cardiovascular system. It contains galactomannan, a group of natural polysaccharides, which acts as promoting agent of the functionality of the heart and lowers the risk of a heart attack.
- Fenugreek has a high content of potassium and low content of sodium. So, the seed powder can maintain normal blood pressure and regulate our heart rate efficiently
- Fenugreek powder used as a great solution for escalating plasma cholesterol. It could reduce the level of Low-Density Lipoprotein remarkably. So, it is used as a cholesterol blocking agent.
- Fenugreek powder is highly beneficial for people with diabetes because it has the ability to lower the rate at which sugar is absorbed into our bloodstream. In addition, it contains all the essential amino acids that can stimulate insulin production. Diabetes can be easily controlled with these two essential acids.
- Fenugreek has a profound positive impact on our gastrointestinal system and helps to release toxins from the body. Also, people who have digestive problems need to soaked Fenugreek in water, and then drinking that water and Fenugreek with an empty stomach in the morning can cure digestive problems.
- Chronic constipation can be easily cured with Fenugreek powder. Its high fiber cures the indigestion problem and makes bowel movement easier and more regular.
- When the Fenugreek is consumed in powder form, it forms a protective layer in the inner wall and intestines of our stomachs and heals the inflamed tissues simultaneously. It has the potential to cure gastrointestinal problems, heartburn, and reflux disease.
- Fenugreek is rich in iron and is a good remedy for anemic patients. This will increase hemoglobin levels in the red blood corpuscles in our blood and can be very useful for anemia.
- Some dietary fiber in Fenugreek seeds binds to the toxins in the foods we eat and removes them from the body. It protects the mucous membrane of the colon and is involved in the prevention of colon cancer.
- Fenugreek powder is packed with two chemical compounds named isoflavones and diosgenin. Therefore, the use of Fenugreek powder during menstruation will provide adequate comfort and relaxation.
- The dioxin content of Fenugreek increases milk production for lactating mothers.
- Studies have shown that Fenugreek stimulates contractions of the uterus muscle, simplifies the delivery process, and significantly reduces labor pains.
- Some chemicals of Fenugreek that have estrogen properties help maintain hormonal balance and enlarge the breasts in women.
- Fenugreek powder is good for treating high fever, sore throat, chronic cough, and respiratory ailments.
- Fenugreek seeds have excellent anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties. Therefore, they can reduce psoriasis and accelerate the healing process.
- Vitamin B3-rich fenugreek seeds in a daily diet can repair damaged skin cells and regenerate new ones effectively. Its powder can be used as an effective facial scrub. As a result, age-related wrinkles, spots, straight lines, and so on can be free.
- When used in a face pack or face mask, Fenugreek powder reduces the oil of our skin and gives us the opportunity to get rid of acne.
- It is a good natural remedy for excessive hair loss. Each of our hair fibers can be painful from the roots of the various hair follicles.
- The natural moisturizing or conditioning power of the Fenugreek helps to remove the dryness of the hair and repair damaged hair.
How to Consume Venthayam Podi
- Morning – Take five gms of powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water getting warm, filter them, and drink before food. Repeat this same for the Evening after dinner.
- Take fenugreek 30 minutes before two meals for two weeks that can cure frequent heartburn. You can also sprinkle some fenugreek in your stir fry or throw that in your soup for better digestion.
1/2 spoon twice a day with water
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.