Botanical Name: Wrightia tinctoria
English Name: sweet indrajao
Tamil Name: வெட்பாலை அரிசி – Vetpalai Arisi
Malayalam Name: ഭന്തപ്പാല – Bhanthappaala
Telugu Name: అంకుడుచెట్టు – ankuduchettu
Hindi Name: कपार ,दुधी – Kapar, Dudhi
Marathi Name: काळा कुडा – Kala kuda
Kannada Name: Kodamurki
Urdu Name: Indarjao shirin, Inder jao shirin, Inderajao shirin
Bengali Name: Indrajav
Punjabi Name: Indarjao Mitha
Gujarati Name: Mitha Indarjava, Gode Indarjava
Sanskrit Name: SStri Kutaja, Svetakutaja, Hayamaraka
Arabic Name: Indarjua shireen, Lansanul-aasafir, Lasanul aasafir
Sweet Indrajao is a small deciduous tree with a light gray color, it has a scaly smooth bark. The native of this tree is Southern Asia. It is widely grown in India and Burma. The white color flowers are blooms in this tree, it may be seen like snowflakes on the tree.
The fruits pendulous, long paired follicles joined at their tips. The hairy seeds are released from the fruit. The leaves of this tree are yield blue dye, it is called Pala Indigo. A few drops of the sap in the milk prevent curdling and enhance its shelf life, without the need to refrigerate.
This herb is sweet in taste, that’s why it is defined as Sweet indrajao, and it is dry and light in nature. The sweet indrajao is scientifically known as Wrightia Antidysenterica, and the native of this herb is Asian countries, it is widely found in India.
In Ayurveda, the seeds of the Shweta kutaja are called the indrajao. This is one of the famous herbs to treat dysentery and chronic diarrhea. The sweet indrajao naturally had the arshoghna and kandhughna so that it is also used to treat bleeding piles and skin irritation.
Medicinal properties of Sweet Indrajao
The plant has the following biochemical substances.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff properties.
Health Benefits of Sweet Indrajao
- It is used to treat nonspecific dermatitis, psoriasis, and herpes.
- It is used to treat several skin problems and makes the skin glow and smooth.
- It has astringent and antibacterial properties, it is used to treat dandruff and scalp issues.
- The fresh leaves of this tree mixed with coconut oil are used as the external application in psoriasis.
- This is also used to treat diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, etc.
- These seeds are used as a medicine to improve vigor.
- It is an effective remedy for kidney stones.
- This plant has anti-dropsical and anti-dysenteric properties so that it is used to treat piles.
- The seed is used in the flatulence and bilious troubles.
- This plant has the power to stimulate sexual desire.
- The sweet indrajao seeds are used to treat fevers, diarrhea, dysentery, and intestinal worms.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
High-quality product and worth for money. Packing also very nice.
Quality product also Cheaper than usual.