|Botanical Name||: Tinospora cordifolia|
|Tamil Name||: சீந்தில் கொடி / Seenthil Kodi|
|English Name||: Heart-leaved Moonseed dried root|
|Hindi Name||: गिलोय | गुडूची | गिलोय | गिलोय | गिलोय – Giloya | Guduchi | Giloy | Giloi | giloe|
|Malayalam Name||: ചിറ്റമൃത് / Chittamruthu|
|Telugu Name||: తిప్పా తీగ / Tippa Teega|
|Kannada Name||: Giloy, Amruthaballi|
|Sanskrit Name||: Guduchi|
Seenthil or Giloy is a herbaceous climber that grows a wide range in Southern Asia. The botanical name of this herbal plant is Tinospora Cordifolia and this healing herb is commonly called Indian Tinospora, Heart-Leaved Moonseed, Heart-Leaved Tinospora in English.
This climber plant can easily found growing wild on trees and shrubs, it can be easily identified with heart-shaped leaves. The shape of the leaves is a perfect heart shape and as a herbal plant, it can easily grow in the pots at home.
The stem, leaves, roots of this plant are used as herbal medicine and dried powder is also used as a medicine. The stem of this plant is green in color and here there is another creeper that has heart-shaped leaves too but the stem is red, so make sure to look at the plant closely while identifying it.
The Tinospora cordifolia bears fruits are the size of a pea and when these fruits are matured it turns beautiful red color.
Seenthil Kodi or Giloy Health Benefits
Some of the Health Benefits of Giloy are mentioned below:
- It is used for stomach problems and indigestion in folk medicine.
- It is also used to improve memory power and rejuvenate it.
- It helps to boost up the immunity power.
- It is used to maintain the blood pressure level, and blood sugar level in the normal limits.
- Due to its bitter taste, this Giloy is used to maintain body temperature.
- In Ayurveda, this herbal plant is used for liver prevention.
- This seenthil Kodi or Guduchi has the anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, anti-stress, anti-HIV, anti-arthritic, antispasmodic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antitoxic, antimicrobial, antipyretic, anti-allergic, anti-tumor, anti-malarial properties.
How to Consume Guduchi (Seenthil Kodi) Internally:
Mix 5 gm of Seethil Kodi powder in 100 ml water and boil it for few minutes. Once the water gets warm then filter the water and drink it before food in the morning and continue the same process after the food in the evening.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal products.
Bhavesh Bhanderi –
Excellent immunity booster and my family used to prepare a decoction and drink it once a week.
True Product. I have tried it just now.
Amarjyoti das –
Very good product for overall health and helps to improve skin tone and digestion.