Guduchi is an ancient herb that is extensively used in Ayurvedic medicine and in English it is called heartleaf moonseed. This plant can be easily identified with its heart-shaped leaves. The leaves of Giloy have a perfect heart shape and even it is growing wild on trees and shrubs but it can also easily be grown in pots at home.
The stem and roots of this plant are used in medicine and the dried powder improves digestion, treats all types of fever, PCOS, heals even the longtime unhealed wounds, and improves general health.
Tonic from Guduchi extracts is great for liver and stomach problems. There are even more species available with heart-shaped leaves so be sure and look carefully when trying to identify this plant. Have a keen look at the color of the stem, the fruits and the size of the leaf, etc.
Guduchi fruits are the size of a pea and when matured it turns a beautiful red. The stem is green and there are other species that also have heart-shaped leaves but with a red-colored stem, so make sure to look at the plant closely while identifying it.
|Botanical Name||: Tinospora Cordifolia|
|Tamil Name||: Seenthil Podi / சீந்தில் பொடி|
|English Name||: Gudichi / Heart-leaved Moonseed|
|Hindi Name||: Giloya|
|Malayalam Name||: ചിറ്റമൃത് (Amruthu)|
|Telugu Name||: తిప్ప తీగ (Tippa-teega)|
- The Guduchi Powder balances the Vata Dosha(Air Vitiation) while it takes with the cow “Ghee.”
- The Goloy Powder balances the Pitta Dosha(Fire Vitiation) while it takes with the Gud(jaggery).
- The Guduchi Powder balances the Kapha Dosha(Water Vitiation) while it takes with the honey.
Action and Uses according to Ayurveda
- The Guduchi Powder helps to increase the defense power of the body.
- The Guduchi Powder helps to enhance the power of the mind and rejuvenate it.
- It helps to maintain the blood sugar level of your body that is already at the normal level.
- Due to its bitter taste, it maintains body temperature.
How to Consume Guduchi (Seenthil Kodi)
Morning – Take five gms of powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water getting warm, filter them, and drink before food. Repeat this same for the Evening after dinner.
Guduchi is best for diabetic patients but only under medical supervision, as it might lower blood sugar levels significantly. Pregnant and feeding mothers should avoid Guduchi, it might cause a mild form of constipation otherwise this herb is very safe to use.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are harvested, dried, and pulverized without any chemical interactions. We assure you that the herbal powders are 100% natural and manufactured to customer satisfaction.
Highly recommended for diabetic patients. I used to buy this for my parents.
Good for digestion.