Belonging to regions of the world where temperatures are moderate, this erect plant, named after the botanical name of the Chicory plant and Asteraceae, is cultivated in many countries for medicinal purposes. Perennial herbivore Chicory grows to a height of about 1.75 m.
There are large leaves at the base of the plant and small leaves on the surface, and the roots have more flesh. The plant also has a 1-3 m long conical stalk, acute side branches, longleaf veins, elliptic-shaped hispid leaves, chordate amplexicaul. The head of the plant is about 1 “to 1/2” in diameter and slightly thickened in the middle, the hernia is usually bright blue, rarely white or pink.
Vernacular Names of Chicory
Botanical Name : Asteraceae
Tamil Name : காசினிக்கீரை / Kasinikeerai
English Name : Chicory, Indian Endive
Malayalam Name : സിക്കാരി / Cikkari
Hindi Name : कशी, कासनी, कस्सणी, हिन्दुबा / Kashi, Kaasni, Kssni, Hinduba
Telugu Name : చికారీ, కాసిని, విత్తులు / Cicori, Kasini, Vittulu
Health Benefits of Chicory Leaves Powder
- Chicory leaves stimulate the liver’s dysfunctional cells and keep it safe.
- The antioxidant properties of chicory leaves help to increase the bile flow of the body.
- The powder of Chicory leaves is used to reduce body fat and keep the weight steady
- Ingestion of chicory leaf powder cleanses the kidney and bladder and expels toxins in the body.
- The extract of chicory roots is used as an antidote to inflammation. It is also a good pain reliever.
- Chicory leaf powder stimulates proper urine production in children and adults.
- About 40% of insulin is found in chickpea leaves, making it ideal for people with diabetes.
- It accelerates the process of cooling the body down and keeping the body cool.
- Chicory leaf powder is a gentle laxative that helps relieve constipation.
- Chicory leaf extract can be treated quickly and even for severe flu.
How to Consume Leaves Powder
Morning – Mix 5 gms of Chicory Leaves Powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for a few minutes. Once the water gets warm, filter the content, and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
There are no reviews yet.