Botanical Name : Terminalia Chebulla
Tamil Name : கடுக்காய் பொடி / Kadukkai Podi
English Name : Haritaki Powder
Malayalam Name : ഹരിതകി പൊടി / kadukkai
Hindi Name : हरिताकी पाउडर / Harde Whole
Telugu Name : హరితాకి పౌడర్ / karakkaya
The upper part of the Haritaki tree, which can grow to 1,800 meters, has branches in a circular shape. It is found in the sub-Himalayan Ranges from Ravi to West Bengal and in the deciduous forests of Bihar, Assam, Maharashtra, and Madhya Pradesh.
The leaves are 1.5 to 2.5 meters in diameter and are oblong and elliptic, about 10 to 20 cm in opposite pairs. Flowers in bloom and their spikes appear dull white. Looking at its fruits, they are hard and yellow-green. Each fruit has a single seed that is pale yellow.
In fact, Haritaki can relieve all dental problems such as tooth bleeding, tooth pain, and tooth gums. It promptly addresses skin problems such as acne and itchy skin, neurotransmitter diseases, and constipation.
Its paste is used externally to treat wounds effectively. Used to improve digestion, treat kidney stones, treat cough, headache, and sore throat. It is also very helpful in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar. Here are some of the essential health benefits of haritaki.
- It has laxative, rejuvenate, purgative, astringent, and dry properties.
- The fruit paste reduces swelling, speeding the healing process, and cleansing wounds and ulcers.
- The paste gives relief to the eyelids in case of conjunctivitis.
- Gargling with a decoction made from this plant helps in stomatitis, oral ulcers, and sore throat.
- It acts as a good astringent for loose gums, bleeding, and ulceration of gums.
- The herb used to prepare ‘Triphala’ that is used for hair wash, brush teeth in pyorrhea, and treat bleeding gums.
- Regular intaken of Haritaki Powder, fried in ghee, improves longevity, and improves energy.
- It reacts well to gastrointestinal ailments, tumors, ascites, piles, enlargement of liver-spleen, worms, and colitis.
- Haritaki powder with jaggery works well in gout.
- Haritaki powder mixed with honey and ghee is a natural remedy for anemia.
- Haritaki with sunthi powder and given with hot water to lighten asthma and hiccups.
- Its decoction with honey assists in hepatitis and obesity.
- The herb improves memory and is salutary in dysuria and urinary stones.
- Haritaki helps in improving appetite and digestion.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods:
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.