Botanical Name: Mangifera Indica L
Tamil Name: உலர்ந்த மா இலை பொடி
English Name: Mango Leaves Powder
Kannada Name: Mavina Mara
Hindi Name: तिकड़ी मैंगो पाउडर / tikadee maingo paudar
Malayalam Name: ട്രയാഡ് മാമ്പഴം പൊടി ഇഷ്ടപ്പെടുന്നു /
Telugu Name: ట్రైయాడ్ మామిడి పౌడర్ను ప్రేమిస్తుంది / Ṭraiyāḍ māmiḍi pauḍarnu prēmistundi
The mango tree is a traditional evergreen tree that grows up to 20-45 m tall. It contains oval, dome, upright crown-shaped stout trunk. It lives approximately up to 250-300 years with fruits. Its leaves are oblong, linear, elliptical, and lanceolate. It has a wonderful aroma that has a red or purple color when tender, and it grows in dark green color. The mango leaves contain rich amount nutritions, vitamins A, B, and C. It has effective antioxidant properties.
Health Benefits of Maa Ilai Podi
- Mango leaves help to reduce blood pressure because they have hypotensive properties.
- It strengthens the blood vessels and cures the problem of varicose veins.
- Mango leaves is a good home remedy for people who suffer from restlessness due to anxiety.
- The mango leaves are effective in treating diabetes. The tender mango leaves contain anthocyanidins that is used to treat earlier diabetes.
- It is also used to treat many types of diabetes and Hyperglycemia.
- The mango leaves curry helps to cure bleeding dysentery.
- Adding two to three glasses of mango leaf powder to bathing water helps to treat uneasiness and refreshes the body.
- The mango leaves cure kidney and gallstones.
- Take finely ground mango leave powder with water, kept in a tumbler overnight, helps in breaking the stones and flushing them out.
- The mango leaves are good for all kinds of respiratory problems especially for people suffering from cold, bronchitis, asthma.
- A decoction prepared from mango leaves powder in water helps to cure a cough effectively. It also helps to cure voice loss.
How to Consume Maa Ilai Podi Internally
Morning – Take five gms of powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water getting warm, filter them, and drink before food. Repeat this same for Evening after dinner.
How to Consume Maa Ilai Podi Externally
Take one teaspoon of mango leaves juice and put a drop into your ears that provide complete relief from earache, before using it, slightly heat.
Burn some mango leaves into ashes and apply it to your affected area that provides instant relief from burns.
There are no reviews yet.