|Botanical Name||: Cedrus Dcodara|
|English Name||: Devdar, Himalayan Cedar, Deodar Cedar|
|Tamil Name||:தேவதாரு, தேவதாரம் / Thevatharu, Devadaram|
|Hindi Name||: देवदार / Devdar|
|Malayalam Name||: ദേവതാരം / Devataram|
|Telugu Name||: దేవదారు / Devadaru|
Devadaru plant is a large coniferous evergreen tree that is fully covered by flowers, leaves, and fruits. Its sweet fragrance gives the most beautiful and authentic cedar scent.
Found at an altitude of 1200-3000 meters above sea level. It grows up to 40-50 m tall with horizontal branches, and its leaves are 2.5-5 cm long. The seeds are enlarged up to 1.5 cm long in a triangular shape.
The seed oil has a rich antiseptic property that treats skin diseases, wounds, ulcers, and piles. It is a great diaphoretic, diuretic, and insecticide.
Benefits of Himalayan Cedar Powder
- Devdaru oil is beneficial in treating skin diseases and cures Vata dosha like constipation, bloating, paralysis, etc.
- Himalayan cedar benefits can be attained by applying it externally for treating swelling and inflammation, cleansing infected wounds, and relieving itching and pain.
- The seed oil is used in relieving headaches. Applying its paste to the chest helps curb pain.
- It is also useful in treating Obesity, Urticaria, and Pruritus.
- The decoction of wood is potent for treating fever and painful urination.
- The decoction of the bark is used in diarrhea and dysentery.
- Himalayan Cedarwood oil is used commercially as insecticidal against Houseflies and pulse Beetles.
- Fungal skin diseases are cured effectively.
- Oil is used externally and internally for the treatment of Syphilis.
- The powder extracted from the heartwood of Deodara protects the brain and nervous system from free radical damage.
- Cedarwood essential oil is very rich in antioxidants, tightens skin tissues, and thus tones and illuminates the skin.
How to Use Devatharu
Mix a few grams of powder in a cup of water, and boil the content for a few minutes. When the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Mix the devadaru/Himalayan cedar powder with mustard oil and apply the paste over the affected area. It helps to treat filarial and inflammation.
- Mix the devadaru powder with Guggulu and turmeric and apply that paste on swellings and wounds. It is an alternative remedy to treat leprosy and chronic skin disorders.
There are no side effects in using this product, but for pregnant women, it’s better to go for medical advice before the intake of deodar powder.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.