Botanical Name : Piper Nigrum
Tamil Name : கருமிளகு / Karumilagu
Hindi Name : काली मिर्च / Kaalee Mirch
Telugu Name : నల్ల మిరియాలు / Nalla Miriyalu
Malayalam Name : കുരുമുളക് / Kurumuḷak
Kannada Name : ಕರಿ ಮೆಣಸು / Kari Meṇasu
Piper Nigrum is a botanical name Black Pepper, is a flowering plant of the Piperaceae family. The medicinal fruit obtained from this plant is dried well in sunlight and then used as a spice and seasoning in food. The plant is generally grown worldwide for its fruits only.
Grinding its dried fruit well-powdered which is called Pepper Powder is an excellent remedy for children and the elderly. The fruits of this plant, which are about 5 millimeters in diameter, appear dark red as they mature and are a single-seed plant.
The cooked fruit of this plant, in particular, is described as “Black Pepper“, dried unripe fruit is ‘Green Pepper“, and the seeds of ripe fruit are described as “White Pepper“. Black pepper, native to South India, is widely cultivated, especially in tropical and temperate regions.
Although pepper is cultivated in many parts of the world, Vietnam is the world’s largest producer and exporter. As of 2008, Vietnam accounts for 34% of the world’s total Piper Nigrum production. Dried ground pepper is not only used as a flavoring for food but has been used in traditional medicine since ancient times.
One of the most widely traded spices worldwide, black pepper is one of the most frequently added spices in European cuisine. Black pepper, often paired with salt, remains the flavoring spice of the modern world.
- Black pepper has potent antioxidant properties that help to prevent the damaging effects of free radicals.
- It helps to control blood sugar and blood pressure. Black pepper includes active compounds that can be fought with cancer.
- Black pepper improves the absorption of essential nutrients like calcium and selenium; moreover, some beneficial plant compounds.
- Black pepper has diaphoretic properties, which help to promote sweating, and it also contains diuretic properties that promote urination.
- The peppercorn’s outer layer bracing the breakdown of fat cells can be used to keep a slim body.
- Pepper act as a medicine for carminative and as a stimulant of gastric secretions.
- It exfoliates dead skin and stimulates blood circulation causing more blood to flow to the face.
- Black pepper improves brain function, thus it is highly recommended for children.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
There are no reviews yet.