Botanical Name : Nigella Sativa, Cuminum Cyminum
Tamil Name : கருஞ்சீரகம் / Karunjeeragam Podi
English Name : Black Cumin Seeds Powder
Malayalam Name : കറുത്തജീരകം / Karinjeeragam, Jeerakam, Karim Jeerakam, Cheerakam
Hindi Name : काला जीरा / Jeera, Kala Jeera, Safed Jeera, Shajira, zeera
Sanskrit Name : Jirakataila, Kalonji
Telugu Name : బ్లాక్ జీలకర్ర విత్తనాల పొడి / Nallajilakarra, Jilakarra, Jeelakara, Jiraka
Kannada Name : Kappu Jeera, Kappu Jeerige, Kari Jeerige
Black Cumin often called Nigella sativa is one of the annual flowering plants from the Ranunculaceae family. Its native is south and southwest Asia.
It grows to 20–30 cm with finely divided and linear leaves. The flowers are delicate, and their usual colors are pale blue and white seen with five to ten petals.
Black caraway fruit is a large and inflated capsule that is composed of three to seven united follicles. Each containing numerous seeds that can be used as a spice, sometimes as a replacement for black cumin.
- Researchers found that taking just two grams of black seed on a daily basis can reduce blood sugar levels and aids in diabetics.
- Black seed is effective in reducing the frequency of seizures in children who resisted traditional treatment. Black seed has anti-convulsive properties.
- MRSA which is a deadly and antibiotic-resistant bacterial infection can be treated with black seed.
- Black cumin seed powder has heart-protective qualities that boost overall heart health. It might lower blood pressure levels.
- Black seed might slow down blood clotting and may improve sleep.
- Black cumin seeds are enriched with antioxidants, which neutralize harmful free radicals and thus preventing the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- Saponins present in black cumin seeds eliminate toxins from the body through the liver. Black cumin seeds protect the liver and kidney from external or internal damages. Due to the different health benefits of black cumin seeds are best to incorporate it into the daily diet.
How to Use
- Boil 5 gms of Karunjeeragam seed powder with water. Once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Mix half tsp of Karunjeeragam seed powder with honey and lukewarm water. Drink it twice a day to lose weight and it also treats sinus issues.
- For Hair loss: Prepare an oil with black cumin seeds. Use this oil to treat baldness, hair problems, and prevent hair fall. Massaging with Karunjeeragam seed oil strengthens the hair roots.
- For Skin: Mix Karunjeeragam seed oil and a carrier oil like olive oil in an equal ratio. Apply this oil over the affected area to treat pimples, acne, and wrinkles.
- Karunjeeragam seed oil also aids in teeth problems such as premature of falling teeth and teeth weakness by just applying it.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods:
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.