Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Lawsonia inermis|
|English Name||: Henna Leaves, Mignonette Tree|
|Tamil Name||: மருதாணி இலை தூள் /Marutāṇi ilai tūḷ|
|Hindi Name||: मेंहदी लीप पाउडर / menhadee leep paudar|
|Malayalam Name||: ഹെന്ന ലീപ് പൊടി / henna līp peāṭi|
|Telugu Name||: హెన్నా లీప్ పౌడర్ / Hennā līp pauḍar|
Lawsonia Inermis is a flowering plant also known as Henna, the henna tree, the mignonette tree, and the Egyptian privet, and the sole species of the Lawsonia genus. Henna is an effective medicinal plant that contains many medicinal properties. The seeds and bark of this plant are used in Ayurvedic and Unani medicines to cure various diseases.
Henna is a dye made from the Lawsonia Inermis plant. Henna can also refer to the temporary body art based on those dyes. Henna oil is used to cure rheumatic and arthritic pains. Ground leaves are applied to sore flints to ease rheumatism. The juice of the medicinal plant can be applied to the skin for headaches, and the henna oil is applied to hair to prevent it from graying. Here is the list of health benefits of henna.
Health Benefits of Henna Leaf Powder
- Henna oil is used to treat rheumatic and arthritic pain.
- Henna is an effective sunblock, and it is used in the treatment of skin diseases.
- It is also used to treat cracked nails.
- Feet Burning Sensation: Fresh leaves ground with vinegar or lime juice are applied onto the soles to treat burning feet.
- Headaches: Henna flowers treat headaches due to sun heat.
- Baldness: Oil taken from boiling henna leaves with mustard oil will improve hair growth.
- Prickly Heat: Henna leaves are used in the treatment of prickly heat. A paste of the leaves can be applied to an affected area.
- Dysentery: The bark of the plant is a great treatment for dysentery. The powdered seeds are mixed with ghee and rolled into small balls and then taken with water.
- Liver Disorders: The bark of the plant is great for curing liver disorders like jaundice and enlargement of the liver. Henna in the form of powder can be consumed to cure liver disorders. From 1 to 5 decigrams doses or it can be taken in decoction from 30 to 50 grams doses.
How to use
- Take 250 grams of mustard oil and boil it in a pan. Add 50 to 60 grams of Henna leaves to the oil and heat. Filter the oil with the cloth and store it in a bottle. Do regular massage with this to get abundant hair growth.
- Make a paste and apply it over the infected area.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.